F-Secure TOTAL package integration to the Portal website

Ransu
Ransu Posts: 2 New Member

I'm posting here to the beta side since forums still lack a section for the TOTAL package.

TOTAL package ie. subscription that includes SAFE and FREEDOME products for x-number of devices requires some changes to the Portal website.

Currently the Portal website is as it was designed for the SAFE product only. There is a list of your devices only for the SAFE product. The tab for FREEDOME only has a link to download the install binary.

When I installed the binary from that link (I already had an old active subscription of FREEDOME on my machine over which I re-installed it) it did ask me to name the device. However I gave it a name that was slighly different from the once I had SAFE installed previously. Once installed the named device did not appear anywhere on the Portal page and the FREEDOME tab still only has the binary link only.

The Portal needs to be re-desinged around the idea that each named device can have multiple subsciptions of different products installed - for example 'PC123 has SAFE + FREEDOM installed' clearly stating this so that the user can track which device have which products installed.

I also see no link to install the FREEDOME on an mobiledevice. Only on PC. There should at least be a link / instructions to go to a mobile app-store portal to install the product from there.

Sincerely Ransu

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Just as feedback about your topic. Not about this points which indeed can be improved, but about:

I also see no link to install the FREEDOME on an mobiledevice. Only on PC. There should at least be a link / instructions to go to a mobile app-store portal to install the product from there.

With my own experience: when I switch tab from "SAFE" to "FREEDOME VPN" under My F-Secure Account --> there is link (where I able to see four platforms);

Or did you mean that with mobile device portal with broken-state (for example, my Windows Phone and F-Secure Safe Browser able to create such broken-setting; but with Internet Explorer - normal view; Even Windows Phone not supported by Freedome);

Thanks! 

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Ransu,

You can post in the SAFE or the Freedome board depending on which product you would like to discuss as TOTAL is a combination of these 2 products.

As Ukko has mentioned, in addition to that, this article has more information on how to take Freedome into use on the various OS.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Laksh wrote:

Hi Ransu,

You can post in the SAFE or the Freedome board depending on which product you would like to discuss as TOTAL is a combination of these 2 products.

As Ukko has mentioned, in addition to that, this article has more information on how to take Freedome into use on the various OS.

Hello,

Sorry for ask (probably already answered previously - but I did not find it briefly);

Are there any 'soon' plans to integrate Freedome to Portal (with meanings from this topic)?

Or, at least, just with count of currently used licences/devices by F-Secure Freedome? This is can be useful before reaching "limits" and next "re-use"-prompt with such information;

Thanks.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Ukko,

This has been highlighted to the Freedome team. However, there are no plans at the moment for the license counter for Freedome.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info