Driver Installation Error

Scholar

Driver Installation Error

Whenever I turn my laptop on and activate Freedome, I always get this message. After a reboot it works fine but it's very inconvienient having to start my device twice each time I need to use it. Is there any way to fix this?

2015-11-16 (4).png

24 REPLIES 24
Community Manager

Re: Driver Installation Error

Hi Nevare88,

May I know what is the version of Freedome installed on your machine? What is the OS of your machine as well?

Was there any upgrade which happened with Freedome recently? Since when do you start seeing this error?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hello,

I have the same problem. My version of FSecure Freedom is 1.0.2246.0,

My version of windows is build 10.586.3

I have already reinstalled Freedom but the problem returns.

My impression is that the problem started with installing my current windows 10 version.

Scholar

Svar: Driver Installation Error

I have the samae problem and I don´t know what to do !!

Highlighted
Scholar

I also have the "driver installation error"

My version of FSecure Freedome is 1.0.2246.0,
My windows version is '1511' (=build 10.586.3)
I have already reinstalled Freedome several times but the problem returns.
Now when I enter my Freedome code it gives me an error
"maximum number of installations..."
My subscription (3 devices) includes support in English via F-Secure Community

Please fix this, Please fix my subscription asap

PS

to Laksh (community manager): I have sent you my order reference number via 'private message'

Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the delayed response on this issue. We are aware of this issue with Freedome and Windows 10. Our RND team in troubleshooting further on this issue to analyze further. However, in order to gather more information on this, please open a support ticket from here and provide all the details of the issue.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi,

I have opened a support ticket and got a reply from the customer service engineer. I was advised to following the instructions as indicated in:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/After-a-Windows-10-upgrade/ta-p/72732

(This site refers to a VPN initialization error).

However this did not solve my problem which relates to a driver installation error. In my case the problem might be related to windows power management. Each time my laptop is put into the sleeping mode the driver issue seems to be emerging. Does this makes sense to anyone?

Regrards.

Scholar

@Scholar
Same problem her on a desktop.
When it emerges from sleep mode I get a 'driver installation error' message
@Laksh
have opened a support ticket, but no response.
+ What will F-secure do about my subscription issue?
(="maximum number of installations..." message because of several freedome reinstalls following the 'driver installation error' message)
Will my subscription be extended?
Community Manager

Hi tballege,

Our support team should be able to look into your ticket and assist further with the upgrade issue and also the license issue. I did highlight your post to the support team so that they are aware of this and will reply further with the case.

Scholar

Hello,

What worked so far is that under Power Management I changed all the power options from "Sleep" to "Hibernate". It makes the laptop slower to come back up but at least I don't need to do a full restart. So far I do not experience problems any more with the Freedom TAP driver.

Kind regards.