Does F-Secure slows down STEAM downloads?

JeremyFoley
JeremyFoley Posts: 2 New Member

When I have Freedome enabled STEAM only will download my games with about 74 to 100 kbits/sec.

Also visiting websites while Steam is running with Freedome enabled is extremely slowed down.

I used another VPN Software and there STEAM works fine - so I guess it is not Steam that is slowing sown network traffic using a VPN Software.

Why do I have to pay for a service that slows down my STEAM downloads???? That is redicilous. Hotspot Shield works perfectly!!!

I am thinking of never buying this software again if they do not change this. Half a year ago I had no problems using Freedome on STEAM.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello JeremyFoley, 

Have you already tried different locations? If so do you see any difference depending on your location?

Since when did you observed these slow downloads?

Could you try to download from one of the location not listed in this article?

• IOsystem
    IOsystem Posts: 2 New Member

I haven't experienced this at all, as I was able to use all of my available bandwidth (80mb/s) when I was testing out the trial. Might need to try different locations, as mine defaulted to one that wasn't exactly the closest. 

Hope that helps! 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info