Connection from Thailand to Singapore Server - Recent Issue (Freedome Android App)

Linesy
Linesy Posts: 8 Explorer

Hello F-Secure Community,

Been using Freedome for a few months now with exceptional service and very good connections to Singapore one of my goto locations from Thailand.

In the last few days the connection from Thailand to Singapore has been very poor when using Freedome with long connection times and reduced downloads from a consistent 40mb/s to 1.5mb/s.

Thailand to Hong Kong remains good but I seem to have lost a reliable alternative to Singapore for some reason.

I've done speed tests with Freedome off from Thailand to Singapore getting 40+mb/s but once turned on I'm back to 1.5mb/s, last week it was high 30's into the 40's mb/s.

Any thoughts why this could be and anything I need to look at?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Linesy

Any one from F-Secure? I tried Chat but it just terminated itself while answering questions.

I am using the latest android version and now also having problems with the Hong Kong Connection as well as the Auto Singapore connection.

Kind of hoping for some assistance.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Linesy,

I am checking on this connection issue with our product team. I will get back to you once I have an update on this.

• Linesy

Thanks Laksh,

After 48 hours I finally received support from my ISP (that's quite quick for Thailand) and they reset my signal.

And this evening everything seems to have returned to normal service when activating Freedome to Singapore and HK.

Not sure what happened as the last few days download speeds were good but dropped off considerably to unusable levels once Freedome was activated. Hopefully all will remain good for the foreseeable and I won't be back on again tomorrow.

Cancel that, the same issue has returned so please continue with your investigations as Freedome is currently not usable. Is my ISP doing something?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Linesy,

I appreciate for taking your time to update us with the information. Please do let us know if there is any feedback/conclusion from your ISP.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info