cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC now blocking iPlayer access to Freedome users

Scholar

Re: BBC now blocking iPlayer access to Freedome users

posted the original question and I’ve looked at other peoples replies and I’ve done what you have suggested which is disabled tracking disable protection and then install and it does still passed me this is a mini okay so I’m not a techie so can you give me step-by-step how to do this DNS leak thing is I don’t understand how to do it is it is but I will have to do to make it work as I as have paid for a years subscription and I expect it to the things I need it to do cheers 😳

Scholar

Mine too on th dns leak test
Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

I found this old post about Freedome and BBC iPlayer. As mentioned in the BBC iPlayer Help page, if they detect that you might be using a VPN, you'll be unable to play programmes.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
tml
Scholar

As mentioned in the BBC iPlayer Help page, if they detect that you might be using a VPN, you'll be unable to play programmes.

Well, d'oh, we know that, surely.

Scholar

There is no need to be rude.  Some of us it’s not as straight forward as that

CK8
Novice

I am aware that the BBC uses complex algorithims to block access and it can be difficult for VPN service providers to keep up.

However, some VPN providers (such as NordVPN) guarantee iPlayer access and have always managed to enable access- even if they are temporarily blocked they solve the problem.

Access to BBC iPlayer is a very big factor in me choosing Freedome.  If this continues to be blocked then I am unlikey to remaina customer as Freedome certainly isn't the cheapest VPN solution.

Therefore could a forum moderator / staff memeber conform that F-Secure will always try to guarantee access to iplayer where a technical solution exists ?  In this case, there is clearly a technical soultion as NordVPN allows access !

Thanks.