cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC now blocking iPlayer access to Freedome users

Scholar

BBC now blocking iPlayer access to Freedome users

BBC IPlayer is now blocking my VPN freedom F app.  I am based in Cyprus area which is classed as th U.K. with th RAF.  any clues or help how I can get round it and get BBC iPlayer working again ?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: BBC now blocking iPlayer access to Freedome users

iPlayer is working again, dnsleaktest result is London, United Kingdom. Thx to whoever who did something

16 REPLIES

Hello @Fiona1970

Have you tried to clear the browser caches and restart the device?

Just to make sure with the feature, could you please try disabling one by one tracking protection and browser protection on your Freedome? if issue remain, may I ask you try re-install the Freedome and check agian?

tml
Scholar

Me too. Worked fine for several months (I did not use it constantly, but now and then), but yesterday no longer. (I am based in Finland, in case it matters.) Time for F-Secure to move to another server provider for the UK VPN endpoint? 

tml
Scholar

(And this is on macOS, in case it matters. And yes, I tried removing the website data for bbc.com and bbc.co.uk.)
tml
Scholar

AH, now iPlayer allows me to watch again. Thanks, in case you did somethingSmiley Wink Or maybe there just is some randomness involved.
tml
Scholar

FWIW, it now when it works again, it uses the "DATASIX Rechenzentrumsbetriebs GmbH" IP addresses.

Hello @tml

Glad to know the issue has now been resolved and our deepest apologies for the trouble you had to experience with Freedome. You could also check the dns leak test. When your Freedome ON, go to https://www.dnsleaktest.com/. The homepage should show your current location as being in the UK. Click on the “Extended Test” button and wait for the process to complete. The returned IP address(es) should also be shown as being in the UK. If they’re not, you have a DNS leak and are easily detectable by the BBC as being abroad.

Scholar

BBC iPlayer won't play any content due "my location". Dnsleaktest says I'm from Germany when I choose UK London from freedome location.

Scholar

Does it stream HD or SD?

Scholar

I posted the original question and I’ve looked at other peoples replies and I’ve done what you have suggested which is disabled tracking disable protection and then install and it does still passed me this is a mini okay so I’m not a techie so can you give me step-by-step how to do this DNS leak thing is I don’t understand how to do it is it is but I will have to do to make it work as I as have paid for a years subscription and I expect it to the things I need it to do cheers 😳