Apple iPhone/iPad Users?

Hopeful_Future
Hopeful_Future Posts: 67 Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've been using the FreedomE app for over 12 months on my Windows 10 PC without any problems. However, I've never tried using the FreedomE app on any other device other than my Windows 10 PC.

I've been wanting to try it on my iPad.

Are there any differences in terms of how the FreedomE app works between the Windows 10 PC app and the iPad app?

Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello, 

There are only minor differences between the PC and IOS version from a users point of view. 

One comes to mind: Port configuration for Freedome on iOS

Give it a try and let us know. 

• Hopeful_Future
    Thanks!

So it's just a matter of me installing the FreedomE app from the Apple App Store and then opening it?
  • [Deleted User]

In case you are unsure, you can always refer to this article

• Hopeful_Future
    Ben, I appreciate your reply!

I'm reading your article now.

While the FreedomE app is running on my iPad, will there be anything that tells me it's running like how I see the FreedomE app on my PC?

Also, will iOS 11 tell me that a VPN is being used when I check that in Settings?
  • [Deleted User]

You will indeed see the VPN icon in the upper part of your screen and can see that the VPN is on in the IOS settings.

• Hopeful_Future
    Ben, you definitely know your stuff.

I was just about to install the FreedomE app on my iPad, but I'm reading the port configuration page you linked me and I'm confused... Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad What do I need to do?

Thank you Ben!
  • OT-Lohja
    OT-Lohja Posts: 4 New Member

I will in future consider something else to my iphone and ipad. With current ios freedome is not functioning. When opening iphone or ipad it takes 3-4 minutes before you can surf or read emails because freedome is checking... nobody in f-secure seems to care

• [Deleted User]

@hopefulfuture you most likely do not need to take any action. 
    If you have any problem connecting then you might need to change the configuration on the router level to allow the port in the article mentioned. 

@OT-Lohja did you already contact our support on this problem? 

Do you have these delays to connect on all our virtual locations? Did you try to use the option to keep the vpn on while idle ?

• OT-Lohja
    OT-Lohja Posts: 4 New Member

I have to close freedome to be able to read emails or go to web. Waiting time for ”checking” may be 5 minutes. I will not renew my freedome after this frustrating experience. I have sent queries of this ”nobody cares”

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info