Any one else have issues with their US connect system going through Switzerland?

flyingpig
flyingpig Posts: 1 New Member

Most of the time Freedom uses their Switerland connection for my traffic.  I know this as all website all of a sudden start providing me the switzerland website which cuases major issues if I need to purchase something plus way too many other issues that are cuased becuse they think I am not in the US.  

Sometimes just switching from US south to US east and then back to US south it will register correctly.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi flyingpig,

May I know which location are you using in your Freedome to connect (in which you see Switzerland websites)? All the virtual locations available for F-Secure Freedome are located in those countries that we show in our user interface.

Do you see the Switzerland websites when connected to any other virtual location? Please try changing the virtual locations and let us know.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Laksh wrote:

Hi flyingpig,

May I know which location are you using in your Freedome to connect (in which you see Switzerland websites)? All the virtual locations available for F-Secure Freedome are located in those countries that we show in our user interface.

Do you see the Switzerland websites when connected to any other virtual location? Please try changing the virtual locations and let us know.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. But maybe it's not really like that.

Or, at least, possible that IP is proper.. but their (servers?!) DNS addresses is another one. Or based on something else (or with more good wording for description). Like certain location for direct provider of virtual location.

For example, topics with potential concern:

Both of situations - valid for my experience too.

More common situation with Norge (Oslo): quite often Freedome connected to certain !? virtual node when it start be marked by Google (as visible trigger) as Sweden-location. Based on things like:

- redirect google.com to local svenska Google search;

- prices comes not as NOK;

- advertisements can be localized to svenska;

and so on. It was possible to see with F-Secure Router Checker too (where DNS servers are located to Sweden).

With second topic it was visible under certain services - where one of IPs is pinned to another location (where is expected Swiss).

With Norway-location (of Freedome) it possible to get proper view too (?! different potential nodes maybe).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info