AirPlay and AirPort Utility not working in combination with Freedome (macOS)

runqvist
runqvist Posts: 2 New Member
Apparently using Freedome on my computer prevents me from managing my Wi-Fi base stations from Apple using Airport Utility, and Airplay (in combination with iTunes) doesn’t work. Does anybody know about these problems, and what can I do to fix this?

I’m using macOS 10.13.6, iTunes 12.8.0.150, and AirPort Utility 6.3.8 (638.9).

AirPlay works great if Freedome is off, but it doesn’t work when I establish a secure connection. In that case, I need to restart my computer, then I can use AirPlay again (provided I don’t establish a secure connection using Freedome). This problem has appeared since migrating to a new MacBook Pro that is running High Sierra, previously I have been running Sierra.

AirPort Utility will show a little yellow triangle next to my base stations the moment I establish a secure connection using Freedome. When I press on the triangle, the message says “Device Not Found." In that case, I can still use the internet.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• runqvist
    runqvist Posts: 2 New Member

Thank  you very much, turning off the kill switch apparently did the trick, and AirPlay works again as well as managing my base station using AirPort Utility. I wouldn't have thought of this on my own.

• ÖÖÖÖ
    ÖÖÖÖ Posts: 7 Observer

No worries, glad I could help. In case you didn't notice the killswitch also cripples airdrop and time machine so you might want to check that your backups are ok. Wish there was a solution to this because the killswitch would be useful...

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info