Activation Code

plsHelpMe
plsHelpMe Posts: 9 New Member

I bought Freedome for 3 devices and activated them all, but yesterday my main pc crashed and wouldnt work so i had to reinstall windows and now i can't activate freedome, what should i do???

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi plsHelpMe,

Could you please brief us the scenario with the activation? What is the error message seen, if any, when you try to activate the license?

We do have the license transfer functionality with Freedome as mentioned in this article.

• plsHelpMe

so i have 3 pc's and freedome on all of them, but my main pc got a hardware problem, my SSD died so i had to buy a new one and reinstall everything. but now my activation code wont work. when i use the code i get an error saying, This code is incompatible with your device(Translated from swedish) but it worked before, is there anything i can do or do i have to do a licens transfer?

• Laksh

Yes, a license transfer would help to reinstall Freedome on this PC. Have you tried the steps menitoned in the KB article?

• plsHelpMe

ok, so how do i do a license transfer?

• Laksh

Hi plsHelpMe,

Please reinstall Freedome on this computer. If you have used up all your available licences when trying to install Freedome on a device, the app detects that your subscription code has reached its maximum number of installations (used licenses), and Freedome prompts for a license transfer.  You can find more information about the license transfer in here.

• plsHelpMe

i reinstalled freedome but nothing came up, it just started like normal and when i tried to type the code it said 

The code is not valid for this device

• Laksh

Hi plsHelpMe,

Are you using the recent version of Freedome installer for the installation (which can be downloaded from our website)?

Where did you purchase the Freedome license Key from?

Regarding the license code error, it might be due to one of the reasons mentioned here - https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Why-doesn-t-my-F-Secure-Freedome/ta-p/79111 - please have a look.

• plsHelpMe

yes i am using the latest version, i bought the license from your website

• plsHelpMe

ok i tried reinstalling it a few tomes and now it tells me to transfer the license, will this deactivate all my devices or will i get to choose?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

You can find information regarding the license transfer in this article.

If you choose the Transfer option:

• Your Freedome subscription resets itself, and all licenses are released from all of your Freedome installations.
    • The device you are installing Freedome on consumes the first license from your subscription.
    • All your other devices with Freedome installed automatically obtain the available remaining licenses when they connect to the Freedome servers.
    • If you have Freedome installed on more devices than your current subscription allows, the last ones to connect to the Freedome servers will not obtain a license and remain expired.
This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info