cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install F-Secure KEY (TOTAL) on my PC?

Note: With F-Secure TOTAL, the number of KEY licenses is determined by your TOTAL subscription. For example, if you have a 5-device subscription, five different users can use KEY on their devices. These five users can then sync their passwords with an unlimited number of devices.

Before you start to install F-Secure KEY on your PC, you need to have your My F-Secure account ready.

1. Log in to your My F-Secure account.
  2. In My F-Secure, select the KEY tab in the top menu bar.
  3. Select Install KEY now. The Manage your passwords with KEY page opens.
  4. Select Download for Windows PC.
  5. Save the downloaded file, find it from your Downloads folder and double-click it to start the installation. The F-Secure KEY Setup wizard opens.
  6. Select Next to let the Setup Wizard install KEY on your PC.
  7. Tick the I accept the terms in the License Agreement checkbox and select Next.
  8. Select Next to install to the default destination folder, and then select Install.

Note: If prompted for your administrator credentials, enter them and select Yes.

9. When the installation is completed, select Finish to close the setup wizard. The F-Secure KEY app opens.
  10. Select Start using KEY. The Activate window opens.
  11. Log in to your My F-Secure account, and when the Name new device window opens, type in the name of your device and select Continue.
  12. Select Create Master Password:
    1. Type in a strong Master Password.
    2. Repeat the Master Password to confirm it.
    3. Select Accept and continue. You have now installed KEY on your PC, and you can start entering your passwords and other credentials into KEY.
  13. To have your passwords available also on your other devices, you need to connect your devices. To do this, do the following on each device:
    1. On the device, install KEY from our website or a relevant app store.
    2. Open KEY on the device that already has KEY installed and go to Connect devices. The Connect devices page opens, showing the sync code (valid for one minute).
    3. On the new device, go to Connect devices and enter this code in the Enter sync code field and select Connect.
    4. Type in your current Master Password and select OK. From now on, your passwords will be synchronized automatically between these two devices.
Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure product page

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎27-09-2018 07:44 PM
Updated by:

Labels (3)