cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's new in SENSE

What's new in SENSE

SENSE router firmware version 2017-07-05_01 - p1.2.11.744 is available

SENSE will automatically update and take it into use when online.

Changes:

• User visible:
    • when future updates get downloaded, the reboot that applies the update will take place between 4-5AM or within a short period after a power cycle to avoid unnecessary inconvenience for most users
      • ability to alter the update reboot scheduling will be available in a future update to the mobile apps
    • Firmware update notification events
      • Firmware update events are visible in the app whenever SENSE has updated
  • Under the hood:
    • Fix for a device discovery issue where duplicate entries of the same device may appear in the device database in certain scenarios
      • the database is not wiped by this update, reset may be needed to get rid of existing duplicates. If they remain offline for 5+ days they disappear from the app list automatically.
    • Update of various system libraries
    • Preparations / improvements for upcoming whitelisting support
    • Stability improvements
19 REPLIES

Re: What's new in SENSE

there is some way to force the firmware update?

In my case the SENSE firmware still to the older one

Edited: I solved with a dirty reboot unplugging power cable.
Why not implement the possibility to update manually by the app?

Community Manager

A new version (1.1.2043) of SENSE for iOS client is now available in the app store.

New change:

• Website Whitelisting: The app will allow you to access websites that SENSE blocked
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
F6
Supporter

Laksh wrote:

A new version (1.1.2043) of SENSE for iOS client is now available in the app store.

New change:

• Website Whitelisting: The app will allow you to access websites that SENSE blocked

Hi, again: what's new for Android users (more than  80% of market share, source Gartner 4Q16).

IOS is only 18%, are F-Secure people Apple fanboys ?

Supporter

why don't you ask your question like: "when will this feature be availbable for android ?"

these reproachful remarks are compeletly useless.

I guess it's easier to implement it for iOS than for android, that's why they released it earlier.

not because of...

...fanboyism

...iOS users look better

...have more money to spend

...a global conspiracy against google/android lead by Tim Cook

F6
Supporter

It's easyer to implement a feature such port forwarding or whitelisting once the harder is done: making a secure channel between the app and the device.

For Android it's done, why such a delay: as explanation we have delays for holidays (!), after a postponed launch of .... 18 month !

Seems to me that they should wrote as prerequisite: you must have an IOS device to access the full features of Sense.

This is the only explanation I can see, fanboyism. (and of sure it's a bitter joke from me, if you did'nt understand me). And I re-explain: I'm not angry at all. Just deeply disappointed.

Supporter

I guess you are also disappointed because of the lack of even the most basic features, at least that's what I am.

right now, it is hard to image to pay a monthly fee for what f-secure offers at the moment.

and regarding your sarcasm: add a smily next time Smiley Wink

F6
Supporter

Good idea; I've found where smileys are listed. The good one is Smiley Mad for the mood, and Smiley Tongue for the bitter joke.

Hi,

Apologies for the delay and we are grateful for your patience.

An app version with the port forwarding feature + a bunch of other fixes is now available for open beta testing in google play. The build version is 1.0.681.  There's still some minor tweaks coming (== this is not the 'final' build) and further testing before this is released to production, but for those of you that want early access to it should be able to download it now.

Google has instructions on how to access beta applications:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7003180?hl=en

Please give it a go and as always, send us feedback!

Android App 1.0.683 released to production:

New features:

* Port forwarding

* Improved notification when the SENSE application discovers a malicious application

* Various fixes and improvements