Setting up Sense with a Synology NAS

Aspirant

Re: Setting up Sense with a Synology NAS

I Can. But nonetheless, TimeMachine doesn't find my NAS as a backup volume in the network. And in Finder, the Synology shows up under "Network", but the connection fails.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Yeps. The current configuration features are not enough.

@FS_Simo any eta on this kind of configuration support? Static routing and dyndns or similar support?

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have anything specific to offer yet on these features, but it's good that people keep asking for these and providing more use cases because it helps us decide on future prioritization.

Aspirant

Hi Simo,

in my opinion, devices like NAS and backup systems belong to the most important gadgets in households today. Therefore it should be prioritized quite high to secure them and make sure, that they are still accessible behind a tool like Sense. But that's just my humble opinion. Smiley Wink

Best

Trotzendorff

FormerMember
Not applicable

Yeah static routing or rather controllable routing between sense and other routers should have been a priority from the start, since Sense is a second router in many cases with double nat in place.

And with routing you could use your old router for things that Sense is still missing.

For example my pc is connected to the wan router since sense keeps disconnecting my internet connection while for example gaming.