Sense on windows pc causes windows bootup freeze

Hi,

I uninstalled my F-Secure safe in order to switch to sense app on my win pc, but the sense app causes the pc boot up to freeze when sense app autostarts. Or it can also be that sense+freedome cause this.

So solved the freeze issue by uninstalling the sense app from safe mode.

Then when i tried to install it back it gave me an error which was solved by using the uninstall tool.

Then installed sense app back, rebooted, no issues.

Installed freedome back (and also Key), even put the freedome as do not startup automatically, but when i rebooted the pc, it froze again on windows when loading startup programs.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the report, i'll make a case of this and see if it can be reproduced.

If F-Secure Safe works without issues, you can continue using it.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• Well my licence on the Safe is ending soon since it is the licence which I got for preordering/release delay compenstation.

I'll install it back.

• [Deleted User]

The SENSE security application and Safe on windows are similar under the hood, so there should not be a big difference in behavior. Did your machine eventually recover (i.e. was the hang temporary)?

• No it did not without booting to safe mode and uninstalling Sense app.

It freezes when you see windows desktop and startup apps start to show up in the taskbar notification area.

And by freezing I mean that the system becomes unresponsive to anything like for example you cannot move your mouse, keyboard doesn't work, nothing on the screen is moving/loading and the loading circle on the mouse doesn't move either. Only thing you can do is cut the power from the pc by holding power button.

• [Deleted User]

I referred this issue to our product teams working with Safe, they'll try to see if the issue you are facing can be reproduced.

We also are in the process of updating the SENSE windows security application to a newer version. I cannot give a specific timeline for that, but "as soon as possible".

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• Urmas
    Urmas Posts: 65 F-Secure Employee

Hello,

We need the fsdiag.7z package from your computer to analyze this. It can be produced using "F-Secure support tool" installed on your system which can also be run in safe mode.

Please contact our customer support and send this file to us, referring to this Community thread and CTS-99644 in our internal bug tracking system.

Thanks, BR, Urmas

• Unknown
    Answer ✓

Okays, when I installed safe back it was newer version or with a newer ui and I had the same issue.

So figured that it might not be f-secure product as root cause.

Since it was a freeze issue, I uninstalled my amd graphics drivers and deleted all the folders from my pc.

Then installed these drivers: whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.4.4-may3

Rebooted and sense app works with freedome and everything, but when installing sense, I got notification from freedome app that there's an update available for freedome and alos updated it.

Previously I had amd drivers: non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.6.2-june13

In any case the issue is now fixed.

I'll later try those newer amd drivers (beta) to see if they really were the cause.

• [Deleted User]

Thanks for the update, hopefully things are working smoothly.

Br. Simo

This discussion has been closed.