Sense losing internet connection

FormerMember
Not applicable

Re: Sense losing internet connection

Yeah I would assume so, since if there were a lot of issues with gaming you would know. :)

You will probably get the device there next week if the replacement process goes as planned.

Do I need to inform the customer care that you want the device to R&D or have you already done that?

Former F-Secure Employee

I checked with customer care and everything should be in order also for the return arrangements.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Got the new sense device today, will test it out this week/weekend and report back.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Issue still remains....
Reseted the fritzbox also when the new sense came.

Currently connected via double nat.

Sent 3 new logs via email, if the old case is still open.

I do not know what to do next, since this issue remains with 2 different internet service providers and 2 different wan routers, cable and 4g. And also with two different computers.

Have tried with different patch cables, tested the cables with cable tester.

Have tried connecting directly to wan routers, no issues.

Have tried disabling the all protections from sense and identify device as well.

Have tried the fritzbox in bridge mode with sense.

Also checked fritzbox logs and it does not lose internet connection when sense does.

Executive Member

You  could try 1 month dhcp lease time(sense lan).static ip/mask/gw at the pc.Anyway the issue seems to be sense related with cable connected devices.Have  you tried eg. pinging 8.8.8.8  continuously (-t) to see if it's just dota2 which is disconnecting.

FormerMember
Not applicable

I have 1 month lease.

Have not tried setting static address from pc.

Have tried pinging 8.8.8.8.

Well it is not just cable connected devices or dota, since the sense clearly shows the lost internet icons on the sense device when it happens as in all connected devices lose internet connection briefly.

Edit: 

I'll try next to set pc with static info and disconnect all other devices from sense and change the wlan ssid so all wifi devices wont connect either.

Executive Member

Okey,symptoms are clear,sense-router is discovering the "loss of Internet".As intentionally designed to be a "sophisticated" security device for customer,technical reason(root cause) cannot be easily triggered.Possibility to run sense in "debugging mode" could be helpfull..Remarkable testing efforts though.Last test also eliminates efficiently the disconnection  if there's a "faulty" device in the sense network(s) which causes the issue.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Yeps but it's hard and definitely not fast to test this since i have to take my whole network down for few hours, except my pc.

Played few games, no issues with only pc connected but still requires more testing since it also took quite long when I was testing with the 4g router, so it's basically very random and take between 10mins and 4 hours or so.

Former F-Secure Employee

Apologies for your trouble. Thanks for taking the extra mile effort here, we really appreciate it.

If the issue goes away when some devices are disconnected from the network it would be interesting to know what those devices are and how they are connected so we may be able to attempt to reproduce the problem.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Well....

The issue is there still with only my pc connected to the Sense.

Even changed the ssid so no wlan devices could not connect.

Submitted new logs via email and mentioned in the email that those logs are with this setup.

It seems that I need to use my wan router(s) when gaming.