Sense losing internet connection

FormerMember
Not applicable

Re: Sense losing internet connection

Okay tried factory reseting sense and left it with bridged mode from wan router, same issue remains.

Also tried double not as in not in bridged mode, same issue.

So I am out of ideas now, I cannot use this router if it only keeps internet connection stabile for 20-40mins.

Executive Member

Ask for a replacement in case of a hardware related failure(lan port module etc.)Somewhat similiar issues have been introduced also here at community with Lan-cable connected devices and Sense-router also with disabled security features.Root causes of these have not been identified yet.

Former F-Secure Employee

There shouldn't be any reason for the WAN interface to fluctuate, unless the upstream router is dropping it for some reason or the cable is defective, but can assume that has been ruled out.

@FormerMember Let's try a hardware replacement. Let's also make arrangements to send that unit back to us here in r&d so we can investigate it. You can reference this discussion when you get in touch with support. If this behavior happens also on the new unit, we need to start digging elsewhere for causes.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

FormerMember
Not applicable

I have one more ace in my sleeve to try, before I go for my second Sense replacement. :)

I have 4g router which I'll plug the sense to see if the issue is somehow related to my cable router, though the issue isn't there when pc is directly connected to the cable router.

Former F-Secure Employee

By the way those logs you sent also show that also some LAN ports are also going up and down, I assume you're not actively disconnecting and connecting stuff physically from the router? It can be normal (some devices do that when they go to sleep), but just in case.

Let us know what happens with the 4G router, thanks for testing!

FormerMember
Not applicable

Oh well then there might be issue with sense router since those other lan connections are static.

Other is NAS and other philips hue bridge which both have constant activity.

With the 4g router, it worked for the 40mins which i had time to test today.

@FS_Simo Do you think that the cable wan router even could cause the issue to all wan/lan ports of the sense router as in the up and down?

Former F-Secure Employee

I'm not sure, there's a chance it's some kind of an electrical glitch when those are connected in a circuit, but hopefully not.

If SENSE continues working 'perfectly' with the 4G router, then we could still try to narrow down the problem with the other router.

You could try one more scenario: reset and update / reconfigure your upstream router and check if there is any improvement to the situation. Does it make a difference if it's not bridging but NATting?

FormerMember
Not applicable

Reseted the WAN router, tried Sense without bridge.

Issue is still there.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Now I had the time to test it with the 4g router.

It worked better with it but the issue was still there.

Dunno if just luck or what.

Also I do not know if the issue has been there from the start, since I "returned" to gaming on september and I have had the Sense longer but did not game back then.

And in internet gaming you notice these kind of issues immideatly and also before the latest router update, you couldn't see the if sense lost internet connection briefly.

So the issue is pretty easy to reproduce, just play some internet game like dota 2 for 10-120mins and it will show up.

I notified the customer care about this and submitted the latest log files, and asked for replacement.

Edit: 
The 4g router is ZTE MF286 with DNA 4G (from my work)

Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks for the information, we have been playing some other online games without known major problems. Hopefully it's a hardware issue and gets fixed with a replacement. At least there are no wide-spread reports of this kind of problems yet.

If it's not a HW issue, further investigation is definitely necessary. Getting your faulty device back to R&D would be appreciated so we can investigate it.