Hi, just to confirm, everything works with the 4g router without breakups?
I have been running dota 2 (in spectator mode) through an elisa dsl we obtained here at the office, but I haven't seen any specific 'breakups'. I occasionally see tracking protection blocks on the device console when the game is running, but they don't appear to have a specific impact on the game.
I'll continue monitoring the situation but at least so far I have been unable to reproduce the exact issue described, unfortunately. There's probably a combination of issues in play here, but reproducing them can be difficult without access to the environment in which this occurs.
Haven't had enough time to test with the 4g router, but the issue also occurred with it before/ back then with my last sense device. Which was the main reason for device replacement.
Switching between 4g router and fritzbox takes some setting up to do so I need more free time to test.
But for now, I am not anymore sure where the issue really lies.
For us the important information at this point is that if the issue does not occur with your 4g connection, then it narrows the problem down a bit for us.
We have one misbehaving router currently in our possession where IPv6 connectivity is causing issues and the firewall keeps reloading it's rules as the wan6 interfaces bounces up and down. Elisa doesn't have IPv6 connectivity in their network, but this router still delegates an ipv6 address into the local network for SENSE. Disabling IPv6 apperas to resolve the stability issue. We are checking if we can somehow recognize this scenario and handle it.
SENSE itself has a method of disabling IPv6 support locally during setup through advanced settings, which is only exposed in certain problem cases (you get an IP but not connectivity from upstream etc.), but this feature isn't yet available in the main network settings unfortunately.
It may have also been issue with wan router or with isp's own infrastructure.
There was at least lots of issues with the isp related stuff this and last month, for example capacity issues.
I'll try to have time to test it now.
ISP changed all of these after I also complained to them:
Router from fritzbox to a brand new ARRIS TG2492s.
The cable router's coax cable and internet/tv splitter thingie.
Also they changed the cable wallport thingie inside the wall.
This new wan router supports bridged mode directly/easily, so I put it in that mode and let's see if I can reproduce the issue with this one also.
Sidenote, the issue was also with the 4g router since that was the reason for me to change the sense device the second time since we didn't isolate the issue to specific wan router. But with the 4g router it worked better so do not know if it was a lucky issue with it also or not. Though 4g is not as reliable with the connection anyways, since they can change ip addresses on the fly even when there's loads of traffic going through.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions