Sense losing internet connection

F-Secure Employee

Re: Sense losing internet connection

We have had some delays, but this is still under investigation. It is on my personal list of work items in our current development sprint. I'll update once I have any results.

FDU
Supporter

I don’t know if it is related but it may help to understood the root cause by comparing the versions, but I also noticed recently quite a lot/fréquent (usually short) internet disconnections that seems to be happening only since the last firmware update 01-p-1.3.26.27 on 2nd November.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Well I have had these at least from the beginning of this topic..

Luckily I can just plug my pc to my WAN router to fix the issue, but if my subscription would end now, I wouldn't pay anything before this is fixed.

I have also talked about these issues with my F-Secure contacts from business/partner side, and they understand my negativity about this product.

FDU
Supporter

I don’t know how it is related, but I finally also restarted my ADSL box to which is connected my Sense router...and the short disconnections have not reappeared since then (almost 1 day now).

FormerMember
Not applicable

I have reseted mine many times and tried bridge mode and no bridge mode.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Well it seems to drop or slow down the connection pretty much every day.

Sense is becoming more and more useless to me.

It seems that I soon need to just use my other routers for everything, which is sad since I really like the Sense.

Internet connection works fine from other routers and there's no network issues from my ISP.

Highlighted
Aspirant

I assume you have plentty of space around the WiFi channel used? Sense seems sensitive to WiFi activity nearby.

FormerMember
Not applicable

@hepa wrote:

I assume you have plentty of space around the WiFi channel used? Sense seems sensitive to WiFi activity nearby.

Its not a wifi only problem, but yes. Closest neighbour wlan is 100+ meters away.

I have now switched sense to my 4g router to test if it suffers from the same issue of internet speed and connection lost.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Well all has been working fine with 4g router, though have not gamed really.

So the issue may be on my Fritzbox6490 or on my ISP Anvia/Elisa side.

4G router has DNA as ISP.

Let's see how it goes.

FDU
Supporter

Perhaps you should restart/reset your box as I did.

since then I don’t have had any more interruption of connection...