Sense losing internet connection

Executive Member

Re: Sense losing internet connection

Grrr,any chance to configure the network quality "low" on the game(dota 2) side.It sends small udp/tcp packets to game-server which may burden the router in question(sense).I wonder if there's a trigger to get a full dump of the excact situation in the sense's firmware?.Anyway I think it's easier to reproduce the issue just by gaming heavily dota 2.(and sense)

F-Secure Employee

Thanks for the information, we'll make some arrangements to test the DOTA2 scenario and see if we can reproduce the problem.

Aspirant

Hi F-Secure,

I installed the SENSE yesterday and see the same problem of loosing the internet connection for short or mid long intervalls. The interesting points I want to add to the discussion is that I see the connection drop only between the PC (Windows 10) computer and Internet through SENSE. If I bypass SENSE by adding annother WLAN AP I can reliably access internet with the PC. Mobile phones, printer etc etc still have a perfect connection all the way to internet while therough SENSE while at same time the PC tells me it is connected to SENSE but does not have access to Internet. The same happens when connecting to SENSE through the 5GHz band WLAN. The PC is connected using SENSE WLAN, not Ethernet LAN, just like the mobile phones.

My setup uses the SENSE as the only WLAN AP and it is connected to Internet via a TP Link load balancing router using a 4G modem as one WAN and  an ADLS as the other WAN. The WAN connections are configured for load balancing - not backup. No clients in addition to the SENSE are connected to the LAN side of the load banacing router (except when experimenting). Four clients are connected to the  ethernet LAN ports of the SENSE while most clients are using the SENSE WLAN.

Any idea of how to fix this?

FormerMember
Not applicable

So do you meant that if I connect my pc to sense via wlan, it might not lose internet connection like it does now?

Or do you mean that I have to put another router between sense and my pc, and the connect the pc via cable or wlan to the middle router in order to not lose internets?

I have some wlan usb sticks that I could try with.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Oh well the issue had even bigger impact with wlan since the reconnection took so long that I get disconnected from all servers (game and voip).

With cable I usually do not get disconnected from anything.

I'll try a second wlan stick just to be sure.

Aspirant

@FormerMember wrote:

So do you meant that if I connect my pc to sense via wlan, it might not lose internet connection like it does now?

Or do you mean that I have to put another router between sense and my pc, and the connect the pc via cable or wlan to the middle router in order to not lose internets?

I have some wlan usb sticks that I could try with.

No, I mean that the PC remains connected to SENSE but without access to internet through SENSE. At the same time other clients, like mobile phones, still has acces to the internet through the same SENSE WLAN connection. 

FormerMember
Not applicable

Okay, ill try that out to be sure but i think other devices lose internet before also.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Well connected my laptop to the wlan and pinged 8.8.8.8.

Then started gaming and also pinged 8.8.4.4 from my pc.

And when the sense reported connection lost and my pc internet connection halted for few seconds as before, the laptop pinging also experienced loss.

So anymore ideas?

Highlighted
Aspirant

Now I am getting frustrated with SENSE... Also Android phones started occasionally telling me they are connected withouth Internet access. The kids PC drops has been dropping internet connection while staying connected to SENSE from start and yesterday evening I could not get an internet connection through SENSE with my work PC. Sigh. I have added annother Wifi AP to my router to use when SENSE is failing to pass traffic through but then I cannot connect to the printer nor the NAS.

FormerMember
Not applicable

So I am not the only one with this issue, good.

They got my old sense back yesterday and are probably investigating it, but dunno what will they find since i have the same issues with the new one also.