My Apple tv (gen3) connected by ethernet to my Sense stopped working. I connected Apple support, and the Apple TV worked when it is connected to wifi to Sense, and not directly by ethernet cable. Why???? Please respond.
We have a 4th gen apple TV device here in our test environment, at least that one it seems to work fine with both cable and ethernet.
There's been a few reports of similar scenarios for some users with other devices (works with wifi, but not with ethernet). We have not yet been able to reproduce the problem here yet. We suspect there's an issue with the DNS resolving in some scenarios. The upcoming firmware has some fixes for the DNS, with luck that helps this scenario.
Can you please provide some extra information about your envrironment:
1) What is your isp, router make and model (in front of sense), and connection type (cable/dsl etc..)
2) How is SENSE connected to the internet (wifi or cable)
Simo / SENSE QA Lead
here is some more information
1. My ISP is Get in Norway
2. The Router make in front of Sense is a Cisco EPC3010 and connected by Coax from the local vendor
3. The Sense is connected by ethernet cable to the Cisco
4. My smart TV, Blueray, Smart TV Decoder, Synology DSM server and my Apple TV are all connected by ethernet via a switch to one of the Sense ports. (That is my Apple Tv is now connected via wifi)
5. All other devices than Apple TV connected by ethernet works ok
6. I have tried other ethernet cables for the Apple TV and other ports on the switch - does not help
7. I have connected the Apple TC directly by ethernet to the Cisco router, and it works ok
8. I have ofcourse also restarted all devices to see if that helped - no luck
hense - it's the Sense blocking
Thanks for providing this information,
Just to clarify (it was not on your list) did you try plugging the appleTV directly to one of the LAN ports of SENSE itself? Do you get the same result?
I have now connected the Apple TV directly to the Sense by ethernet cable, without using the switch. I get an IP address, but even so, the Apple TV will not connect to iTunes Store, and hence will not work proparly.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions