Sense app on iOS lost all devices

Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Sense app on iOS lost all devices

The app is now available in the app store, keep giving feedback to us. Hopefully this issue has been resolved permanently.

Just a reminder, if the connectivity was permanently lost you need to reset and do setup again to recover.

Supporter

I will do a reset today and report back.

And to others, create a screenshot of your settings, i.e. open ports etc as they also need to be edited once more. I forgot to take screenshot last time i did a factory reset.

Aspirant

All is well with app update, but now have New symbol on my display ...two dashes on each side of two forward slanting vertical bars.....sort of like this:

- -/ /- -

not in manual.....what does that mean ??

FormerMember
Not applicable

It means internet connection lost.

Aspirant

So is this a new glitch with the new update ?  I downloaded the new app, Factory reset the Sense, forgot all info, re-established a new network, and now I intermittently get the above symbol. Main router and Sense units are in exactly the same location as before. Any ideas why I am now losing internet Service with the updates installed ?

Community Manager

Hi @KennethN,

I noticed that your message has landed up in our Spam Quarantine. I am not sure why it went there; not sure if it is because of certain words in your post. I have now released your message and you should be able to see the message in the post above.

Please note that we do not delete any negative feedback or any posts in our Community. We always hear our customers and make sure to pass it to the right team for their investigation.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Supporter

@Laksh

Hi, first of all, thank you for the feedback on what did happen! I´m glad to see that you did take time to look into it!

+ 1 for F-Secure from me on that part! (I have been a true follower since I got F-Secure in my hands first time when I got Bachelor's degree back in 2006, and have also brought your products into the company where I work. I work as a Teamleader for a multi country Service Desk team)

Back on the topic of this thread, I did update the app yesterday, and also did a Factory Reset of the router.

Working fine at the moment, but it does take time to do all the geeky config, ports & icons on the connected devices etc.

Aspirant

I updated the app yesterday, and did a soft reset to the router. After that everything seems to work normally. So I suppose soft reset was enough, instead of a factory reset?

Former F-Secure Employee

Soft reset is the PREFERRED method as it preserves the current firmware and is a more light-weight process, factory reset (the one you do while powering on) should only be used in case all other courses of action fail.

In both cases the firmware will update during setup, this is to guarantee that you get the latest no matter what.

Supporter

Hi....

Well this worked for almost 24 hours, but the same issue is back. Only my phone is listed as connected device, and the other 16 is not connected. Even tho they have wifi or lan. I have internet access on my NAS and iPad.

I did remove data from app and did a factory reset yesterday.

What's next?