Sense app on iOS lost all devices

Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Sense app on iOS lost all devices

Hi, thanks everyone for providing this info and should be leading us to the right tracks.

We have a likely theory what has happened: Due to a possible bug the iOS client may have overwritten the encryption password (generated during pairing) used for communication between the gadget and the app in some circumstances. Establishing a link between SENSE and the app works (that's why the status is blue) but none of the crucial messages for operating the system can be sent nor received.

We have made some improvements in the client that should hopefully make sure the password is protected from such behavior. The unfortunate bad news is that the only way to recover from this is a system reset and re-install. Also until the fixed client is available, the issue may re-occur for the affected users.

There's still some polishing and testing going on with the iOS client but we hope to make it available soon. I will inform everyone here when the build with a fix is on its way out.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your input.

Champion

what about this bugfix? can this be released first, not in combination with a feature update? I want to adjust some settings

Former F-Secure Employee

Apologies for the delay, we currently have a release candidate in testing that includes a fix for this behavior. We expect to be able to get this released soon.

Supporter

The bug is back for me. And I did do a factory reset if you go back a page in this thread.

Edit 1 : reboot of router and phone did not help. Nothing in connected devices and nothing in event logs. So I don't know what it does, but I must say that I still feel like a beta tester for this product. Please, just make the box work...

Edit 2: light dim don't work as well.

Edit 3: I don't have protection..... Why do I say that? Because url that have been blocked before with a warning can now be surfed on. Like isohunt and other urls. This is not good. 

Until you can say that it does as marketing say it should work, I think it would be smart to reset the subscription timer. Right now it only provides wifi, and I don't know if I can trust the device to do what I bought it for. I cannot read logs and I can visit harmful websites...

@FS_Simo

Sorry but I'm not a happy customer. I have been using it for 25% of the subscription time and it has not delivered as promised... Until you can truly say "we fixed it" I think myself and others would like to be credited with correct subscription.

What do you think is right if we change chairs for a moment? 

Champion

I share your opinion, Kenneth. I also did a factory reset again and hope that the new app will be released before it is rendered useless again. I am not sure if Sense is a better Pi Hole right now, because it never blocked a device for example

Supporter

Where did my post go? 

I asked a question, and was not happy with the product, and you deleted my post??

@D-Fens2, you have seen my post, please verify that it was there.

This was the message url...

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SENSE/Sense-app-on-iOS-lost-all/m-p/100112#M965

Superuser

KennethN wrote:

Where did my post go? 
I asked a question, and was not happy with the product, and you deleted my post??

@D-Fens2, you have seen my post, please verify that it was there. 

This was the message url...

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SENSE/Sense-app-on-iOS-lost-all/m-p/100112#M965

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. But I also able to verify that it was there. At least, I read it after some time of your publication.

I able to think that possible to reach F-Secure Community Managers/Moderators and re-ask them about "what if reply randomly placed under quarantine/spam" (this 'feature' as auto-action ?! so it can be just random and based on forum/community-platform engine). I'm not sure how it works and why your reply can be with such view... but most likely it should not be deleted.

With any of meanings -> your reply from my cache-browser (if we talk about such reply): 

Spoiler
The bug is back for me. And I did do a factory reset if you go back a page in this thread.

Edit 1 : reboot of router and phone did not help. Nothing in connected devices and nothing in event logs. So I don't know what it does, but I must say that I still feel like a beta tester for this product. Please, just make the box work...

Edit 2: light dim don't work as well.

Edit 3: I don't have protection..... Why do I say that? Because url that have been blocked before with a warning can now be surfed on. Like isohunt and other urls. This is not good. 

Until you can say that it does as marketing say it should work, I think it would be smart to reset the subscription timer. Right now it only provides wifi, and I don't know if I can trust the device to do what I bought it for. I cannot read logs and I can visit harmful websites... Sorry but I'm not a happy customer. I have been using it for 25% of the subscription time and it has not delivered as promised... Until you can truly say "we fixed it" I think myself and others would like to be credited with correct subscription.

What do you think is right if we change chairs for a moment? 

Thanks!

Supporter

Thank you Ukku!

Lets hope its a machine that did it and not a human that removed it Smiley Wink A company's reply to bad review can also be looked as good review.
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi, just an update for everyone: An app version with a fix is currently going through app store review, if Apple finds everything acceptable the update will be automatically released as they approve it.

Champion

this are good news, thank you for the update!