Sense app on iOS lost all devices

Champion

Re: Sense app on iOS lost all devices

my devicelist is also empty, restarting Sense did not help. I am on iOS 11.

I guess Sense works like it should, so I won't reset it to factory defaults and instead wait for a fix.

Supporter

I have also the same issue. Upgrade to ios 11 today, and no devices. It does log unwanted urls, but I want the device list back.

FormerMember
Not applicable

I would guess that ios 11 is not yet fully supported.

Aspirant

That might be the case, allthough rebooting both devices and re-pairing them solved the problem for me. I was running the Beta, and now I'm on the GM.

Champion

I did also a complete restet of Sense, now the devices are back.

but, of course, my whitelisted sites are gone Smiley Sad

Supporter

Resting a device just due to new OS version is not an option. It should work by default. This doesn't make Sense to me...

F-Secure-SENSE, any update?

Champion

haha I like "this doesn't make Sense" Smiley Very Happy

too late for me, the app also did not work as it should. for example, I disabled the protection in the app, closed it, and it was enabled again.

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience,

The iOS version shouldn't make a difference in this case (we are also testing with iOS 11). There is some kind of a glitch in the device discovery process in the router and it fails to return the device list to the app. We have enough logs to understand what the situation is, but not yet how to get there (i.e. how to reproduce the issue). Once we can reproduce it we should be able to figure out how to fix it.

Restarting SENSE _should_ resolve the issue (as long as the phone is back in the SENSE network and establishes communications again). If it doesn't it would be interesting to get another log from that scenario (grab http://sense.router/diag.log and send it to sense-feedback(at)f-secure.com, referencing this discussion, but do not paste it here as it may contain things like your public IP address.)

Thanks for your patience and best regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

Supporter

Hi @fs_Simo 

I will send logs and screenshots from the app when I get home today. It worked yesterday before the iOS 11 update, but not after, so something with the update made the device list go "booof away"

Before, when I had this issue, it listed at least the phone as connected device, not it says 0 on both parts.

Sending logs in a few hours.

Supporter

Should I reset the router to get it back? Reboot doesn't help. And I cannot i.e. control if a device should have internet access or not...