Sense app ask for installing Sense on windows client with Sense installed

KennethN
KennethN Posts: 47 Enthusiast

F026367D-F1D4-4F0B-AC68-617E69359479.png

This computer is protected with running Sense from the router

The only change in my environment is that I have due to the ios bug, done some reset of the router.

Bug?

Also as a funny thing, it does also advise me to install it on the Xbox...

Comments

• It noticies you that you can maximize the protection of the machine by installing the sense app on it.

The router alone does not protect all levels.

• KennethN
    KennethN Posts: 47 Enthusiast

@FormerMember wrote:

It noticies you that you can maximize the protection of the machine by installing the sense app on it.

The router alone does not protect all levels.

But the Sense software is already installed on this Windows computer....

(as I wrote in the subject Smiley Wink. )

Its a running Windows 10 with software from http://sense.router/

• Ah, I think I have experienced that also but I think it was due new sense device and I needed to reinstall the app since it was using the old keycode.

Running fs uninstall tool on the computer in question and then reinstalling the app should fix that issue of yours.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also able to add my own experience (not based on F-Secure SENSE, but based on other F-Secure solutions like SAFE). Where we able to be with "My F-Secure Account"-portal.

Such portal with information about installed applications and with status about it (like "All Good"; "Too long was offline -> maybe good to recheck that all OK with device"; and so on).

So my experience about:

-  'often' portal do show status as "too much offline time/unclear status" - but device/system worked just some hours before (or currently 'online'). Because F-Secure SENSE app for Windows based on F-Secure IS/SAFE (16.5 and later on 17 maybe) AND do not provide such portal (?!) -> I able to think that maybe F-Secure SENSE application receiving such status of device's installation with 'related design' (as with stable solutions). Maybe good if F-Secure SENSE team look into it more properly (does it indeed should be fixed by reinstallation; or there is some 'delays' with getting proper status of installation).

And as my potential suggestion -> if installation works good -> maybe possible to recheck 'does such notification under main F-Secure SENSE app will be with this status after hours/days' (and how many).

Thanks!  

This discussion has been closed.