Sense & #KRACK #KRACKattacks

KennethN
KennethN Posts: 47 Enthusiast

Hi, 

Due to the sad news for WPA2

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-traffic-open-to-eavesdropping/

Where are Sense on that part? Safe, or update on they way?

Comments

• SenseAmidstMad
    SenseAmidstMad Posts: 15 Explorer

I would like to see a specific statement or update change log, where the CVE's are listed. 

• kh76
    kh76 Posts: 6 Explorer

Me too. 

F-Secure, please provide us with clear and coherent information. According to the blog post linked above, we should consider getting a Sense router to stay safe from KRACKattack and the equivalent. Well, some of us already did. So are we safe yet or not? 

• SenseAmidstMad

F-Secure, if you want to stay at consumer business and be profiled as a high security vendor, you have to invest also to the communication and response. Was this a surprise to you guys that people will start asking a) if they are safe b) release notes c) official response d) actual update?

Please take a look at the list for the big boys: 

https://www.androidcentral.com/these-are-router-makers-have-patched-krack-wpa2-wi-fi-flaws

PS. It might not hurt you to be included as "updated" in listings like this... 

• Well sense is based on ddwrt so it might also be affected and needs an update.

And I can bet anything on that they are either working on releasing a fix or sense is not affected.

But a fix on sense side does not fix the client side of all wifi using devices which also need a fix if I understood the issue right.

• SenseAmidstMad

Which is why people are installing MS and Android updates as well... 

• User2028
    User2028 Posts: 33 Explorer

Came here looking for an answer on this, too.  The announcement of this fix, when complete, should be sent via e-mail to all users, not just in a forum post.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Everyone,

We've created KRACK fix and we're currently putting it through quality control. We'll push the update out as soon as the testing is done.

• Fw with fix has been released about 3 hours ago. Reboot sense to upgrade faster.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks @FormerMember for sharing with the others. 

For more information please refer to this page

This discussion has been closed.