Sense 5G network switching off and on (mostly off)

Shigster
Shigster Posts: 11 New Member

I have been using my Sense for a coupe of weeks now and a few days ago I noticed some issues with my connectivity. I see that my 5GHz connaction has become unstable. After a couple of reboots and a soft reset this is the results.  In the 2nd image, I had performed a hard reset. There was an improvement although still not stable or usable.

Any thoughts on what else I can do?

Sense Wifi .pngSense 2.4 (green/blue) 5G (red/green)

Sense Wifi-5GHz.png

Red/Green - 2.4GHz

Blue/Blue - 5GHz

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Shigster,

Please get in touch with our support team via chat or phone so that this can be investigated further.

• Shigster

I spoke to Tech support yesterday morning at 11am regarding my issues. I explained that my 5G network has become unstable/unusable and I had performed a reboot, soft reset and hard reset with no functional improvement. The representive sent this info on internally and would have a response within 24 hours. 30 hours later, with no updates, I contacted Tech support and spoke with the same person. There has been no reponse to my issue and perhaps the reponse would come tomorrow.

Sadly, I requested to return the product.

While I still have a few days left on my 30 day return, that was not why I returned my Sense. I am disappointed with the support process. The person I spoke to was polite however I sensed that they were not empowered to take any actions nor make any decisions in realtime. Support has to wait for someone to respond to them and tell them what to do. It has been almost  2 full business days with no response to my issue. This is quite unreasonable in my opinion. I fear that if anything happens in the future, I'm going to have unnecessary downtime waiting for a resolution to my issue. I am sharing my experience here in the hopes that the support process will be greatly improved.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Shigster,

I appreciate your feedback on your experience. I have escalated this case internally so that we can have a look at the issue. I have highlighted your feedback as well.

I am sorry to hear you've requested with the refund. If you would still like to troubleshoot on this issue, I can help to escalate it further.

• Shigster

Hi Laksh,

I am really disappointed with F-Secure. After your involvement to escalate, I received a reply from a Senior Tech Support rep. He asked me to confirm my network design, provide a log file and were there any changes. I gave all of this information last week. I am still waiting for a single response besides, "We escalated to R&D and are waiting for them to get back to us."

I tried to work with the senior staff but the situtation has gone from unreasonable to unacceptable. As a supporter of F-Secure software products I can't recommend Sense. Waiting a week with no updates or movement, from the end users point of view, is very poor customer service in my opinion. In my reply to the rep I am working with, I asked for a replacement or a refund to be made today but the more i think about it, the refund seems the smarter way to go.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Our sincere apologies for the caused trouble and apparent slow response.

The 5Ghz radio going up and down sounds like abnormal behavior. It is possible that your unit is somehow defective and needs a replacement. Does this indeed affect all your clients (just to rule out an issue with the device used for measurement)?

If you have provided some information about your network to our support, i'll try to reach our customer care guys tomorrow and see what's going on and what information is available to help us verify it's not a software problem.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• [Deleted User]

If you are using an iOS device with SENSE, the latest version of the iOS app allows you to change the wifi channel of the 5Ghz network, please try changing the channel and see if the situation improves.

The android version of this feature is being developed and should be available during the following weeks.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• D-Fens2
    D-Fens2 Posts: 78 Enthusiast

I can also report that my 5GHz Wifi sometimes disappears, I also changed the wifi channels, but to no avail.

and I regarding the 2.4 GHz channels: F-Secure should consider to let its users select the 12 and 13 channels, in the EU this should be okay. (I know that 1, 6 and 11 are the prefered ones, but sometimes this helps.)

• [Deleted User]

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear about the problem. It is of course possible that all those channels are crowded. Is the situation equally problematic in all channel configurations?

Currently available channels are ones that should be usable in all the regions we are shipping to, some extra logic is needed to implement the country-based channel availability, but that would have delayed this feature. We can look into this in the future, but it is probably not a near term item unless it becomes a bigger issue. 

If WIFI upstream is used, the 2.4ghz band follows the upstream router channel setting.

This discussion has been closed.