SENSE windows app & docker

johanwestling
johanwestling Posts: 8 Observer

Hi,

Anyone else using Windows 10 with SENSE app and Docker for Windows? After installing SENSE Docker seem to be unable to start properly the first time. If one exit Docker and start it again it works again.

Using:

Windows 10 Pro 1703 (15063.413)

F-Secure SENSE 16.5

Docker Community Edition v17.06.0-ce-win18 (12627)

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi johanwestling,

I forwarded your feedback to the SENSE team and they tested it. It worked for them.

Versions:

• Windows 10 Pro 1703 (15063.483)
    • F-Secure SENSE 16.5
    • Docker 17.06.0-ce-win19 (12801)

We’d need more info from you to investigate this further- like what’s not working? How it's not working? Does it give some error message?

• johanwestling
    johanwestling Posts: 8 Observer
    Interesting. I had this issue going until I uninstalled F-secure SENSE and right after uninstall & reboot Docker booted without issues.

Went to the SENSE app page (192.168.71.1) to re-install and see if it prevented Docker with the same error to post it for you to troubleshoot it... But I ran in to a problem downloading the F-secure SENSE app now instead. Getting the following in a prompt:
    "SENSE for Windows is not yet activated. Check the subscription status from the SENSE app and try again later."

I checked the app and it's says:
    Activate
    Valid until June 29, 2018

Hints how I can get the F-secure SENSE app for windows installed again to verify the error message? Smiley Tongue
  • Try running F-Secure uninstall tool on your pc and reinstall. Also perhaps boot sense device before downloading the new installer from the webpage.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@johanwestling wrote:
    Interesting. I had this issue going until I uninstalled F-secure SENSE and right after uninstall & reboot Docker booted without issues.

Went to the SENSE app page (192.168.71.1) to re-install and see if it prevented Docker with the same error to post it for you to troubleshoot it... But I ran in to a problem downloading the F-secure SENSE app now instead. Getting the following in a prompt:
    "SENSE for Windows is not yet activated. Check the subscription status from the SENSE app and try again later."

I checked the app and it's says:
    Activate
    Valid until June 29, 2018

Hints how I can get the F-secure SENSE app for windows installed again to verify the error message? Smiley Tongue

There was also this topic (with some official responses):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SENSE/SENSE-for-Windows-is-not-yet/td-p/96147

Good if F-Secure SENSE will re-check such situations more properly.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Appreciate the help, 1sk and Ukko. Thanks for providing with further updates, johanwestling.

I have passed on the all the feedbacks to the SENSE team. Please keep us updated once you have tried the steps.

• isabeljason
    isabeljason Posts: 1 New Member

Yes i appreciate the way of communication inbetween you guys. Related to Docker. This thread would be helpful for some one looking for the updates.

This discussion has been closed.