-security firmware: configurable device autoblock internet facility after discovered threat event
-ability to send those discovered threat events automagically to lab for analysis
Hi, thanks for a great product and for having a place to submit feature requests. Here is my wishlist:
1) Bridge mode with security still enabled:
I have an actual firewall between Sense router and the Internet, and I would like to see the IP addresses of the clients on the firewall logs. Would help troubleshooting a lot. Now all I see is one IP, which is the Sense router.
2) VLAN tagging:
I would love to separate my Raspberry Pis to one VLAN, TV and home automation to another, maybe kids computers to one VLAN and work related devices to yet another VLAN. And while you are at it, the guest SSID + a separate VLAN tag would also be great.
- I know guest access has been promised as an upcoming feature.
- Btw, did you know that Apple Time Capsule guest VLAN is done with VLAN tagging (ID: 1003). Unfortunately they only support this one VLAN tag and it's unconfigurable. But it works.
3) Access lists and routing:
I would like to access devices behind my Sense router from another segment. I.e. I'd like to route network B with Sense router as the next hop and access devices in network B from network A. Port forwarding is almost good enough, but not quite :)
4) Internet status log:
I have intermittent connection to the internet. It would be great to see from Sense when the internet connection went down and when it came back up. Right now I have this logged on a wireless Raspberry Pi script, but it's prone to Wi-Fi interference thus not giving me a 100% accurate result.
- And of course a way to export this data
5) API access:
A way to access (read) all the great data you already have now and in the future on the Sense router so I can integrate this data to my own projects via API.
- And maybe a write-access as well, to automate stuff?
Updated the list with new requests and status of the old ones.
- Whitelisting for webpages (only on iOS, Android wil later. After 2 months, still no android whitelisting)
- Ability to mark all events as read with one tap (only on iOS, Android will get later. After 1 month, still no android ability)
- Port Forwarding
- Ability to schedule router firmware updates
- Ability to change the WIFI channels
- End-point security client for Mac (go to http://sense.router to download and install)
- An animation plays on the router display when the internet connection is down
Features confirmed to be implemented:
- Anonymous surfing with VPN / Freedome integrated, confirmed here
- Possibility to schedule firmware updates(router,security) to nonactive hours, confirmed here
- Guest wifi, confirmed here
- Controlling and configuration from multiple devices, confirmed here
- Advanced parental controls, confirmed here
- IoT device reputation based protection, confirmed here
- Controlling devices from Sense app on Sense network without accessing Sense's wifi (remote access), confirmed here
- Other useful information on the Sense display, post here abd sine gas already been implemented (internet connection status)
Features confirmed as might be implemented:
- VPN access, accessing devices from internet, post here
- Option to turn off of certain wifi 2.4/5ghz, post here
- USB Sharing, for example sharing external hard drive or printer by pluggin it into Sense's usb port, post here
- Temperature on the Sense display, post here
- Security router "uptime" in hardware menu
- Option to setup at least 2 DNS servers.
- Ability to utilize 5Ghz Wifi channels 52 56 60 64
- Show in app if the unit is connected over wifi or lan
- Ability to send those discovered threat events automagically to lab for analysis
- Security firmware: configurable device autoblock internet facility after discovered threat event
- Option to clear / delete the blocked threats page events.
- Ability to see if a device uses 2.4 GHz oder 5 GHz network, and the speed of the connection
- Option to gracefully shutdown and restart the Sense compared to now when you just unplug power cord from it/or from the wall
- More icons and device templates: Linux and RaspberryPi
- Event log should collate events under one mac -address/device.
- Full ipv6 support, currently only partial, post here
- Whitelisting for trackers
- Data usage per device counter
- Used ports per device
- Statistics for bandwidth and port usage
- Ability to assign fixed IPs from DHCP pool / DHCP ip address reservation
- Controlling security features per device, example option to disable tracking protection for just one device
- Backup/restore facility for settings of wifi-router configs or/and import/export device names
- AP Isolation
- Wake on Lan feature for registered devices
- More transparent status of the security features(?)
- Not allowing colliding subnets on Wan and Lan interfaces (simple configuration checking)
- Dynamic DNS support
- Option to allocate dynamically dns local names(sense dns suffix) to devices discovered by sense and option to add/edit them manually afterwards
- QoS, possibility to give priority to some devices/applications
- Force firmware update by app
- Option to set Sense clock to 24 hours or 12 hours
- Option to have totally different wlan names for 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- Wifi scheduling
Features that probably won't be implemented:
- MDM features for managing all your homes mobile devices, reason: probably not for a home product
- Remote logging/Syslog, reason: probably not for a home product
- Multiple VLANs, reason: probably not for a home product
- Multiple VLANs for different wifi, reason: probably not for a home product
- Chromecast support for sense setup/admin program, reason: probably no actual benefit on casting the app on a bigger screen
- Option to block certanin TLDs on router, for example *.ru, reason: probably not for a home product
Features confirmed that not going to be implemented:
- WPS, reason: security flawed
- Web admin view for sense wifi-router without restricting it to android or iOS-devices, reason: configuration will be done from the app