Option to change wifi channels manually.
Option to have totally different wlan names for 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
(as requested on the finnish forum side: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SENSE/Sense-Wifi-verkon-nimi-ja-kanava/td-p/96460 )
I'd suggest that instead of using this forum that you utilize github's feature voting (or similiar) so that you can truely gauge the level of interest in various enhancements. As it is for the forum, there is not a good way to sense the level of interest regardingwhat the community of users really wants.
Then, I would also suggest that you provide visibility on how new features are currently scheduled into upcoming releases.
I'd like the ability to use vlan with sense.
I have ubiquiti edgerouter lite and have set up different vlans for my internal network, guest network and home automation network with firewall rules for them. Id like to be able to have sense sharing different wifi names for different vlans. Now I can only use sense inside the internal network as a second router there for my windows/android etc devices.
I like to see logging services (fi Syslog) of what’s being blocked by the Sense (websites, programs, tracking etc.). Now it’s a black box, especially on tracking blocking events.
To judge the value of the Sense open reporting should be a requirement.
Sense is based on closed ddwrt so if the Sense's hardware is right, then vlans are possible.
Although since this is a home product which meant to have a dumbed down configuration or that's how it seems, I highly doubt that they will implement vlans.
Since the feature request list is 4 pages long and people are already requesting the same features that some has already mentioned before, I decided to copy all of them to a single post.
I also gathered from official responses of which features will be implemented and which might be implemented. The rest I speculate also from the official responses or lack of them, and also based on what the feature is.
Feel free to comment.
- Whitelisting for webpages (only on iOS, Android will get later)
- Port Forwarding (only on iOS, Android will get later)
Features confirmed to be implemented:
- Anonymous surfing with VPN / Freedome integrated, confirmed here
- Possibility to schedule firmware updates(router,security) to nonactive hours, confirmed here
- Software for OS X, confirmed by that F-Secure Safe is available on OS X and Sense app will be Safe based in the future
- Guest wifi, confirmed here
- Controlling and configuration from multiple devices, confirmed here
- Advanced parental controls, confirmed here
- IoT device reputation based protection, confirmed here
- Controlling devices from Sense app on Sense network without accessing Sense's wifi (remote access), confirmed here
Features confirmed as might be implemented:
- VPN access, accessing devices from internet, post here
- Option to turn off of certain wifi 2.4/5ghz, post here
- USB Sharing, for example sharing external hard drive or printer by pluggin it into Sense's usb port, post here
- Temperature on the Sense display, post here
- Other useful information on the Sense display, post here
- Option to gracefully shutdown and restart the Sense compared to now when you just unplug power cord from it/or from the wall
- More icons and device templates: Linux and RaspberryPi
- Event log should collate events under one mac -address/device.
- IPv6 support
- Whitelisting for trackers
- Data usage per device counter
- Used ports per device
- Statistics for bandwidth and port usage
- Ability to assign fixed IPs from DHCP pool
- Controlling security features per device, example option to disable tracking protection for just one device
- Backup/restore facility for settings of wifi-router configs or/and import/export device names
- AP Isolation
- Wake on Lan feature for registered devices
- More transparent status of the security features(?)
- Not allowing colliding subnets on Wan and Lan interfaces (simple configuration checking)
- Dynamic DNS support
- Option to allocate dynamically dns local names(sense dns suffix) to devices discovered by sense and option to add/edit them manually afterwards
- QoS, possibility to give priority to some devices/applications
- Force firmware update by app
- Option to change wifi channels manually.
- Option to set Sense clock to 24 hours or 12 hours
- Option to have totally different wlan names for 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- Wifi scheduling
Features that probably won't be implemented:
- MDM features for managing all your homes mobile devices, reason: probably not for a home product
- Remote logging/Syslog, reason: probably not for a home product
- Multiple VLANs, reason: probably not for a home product
- Multiple VLANs for different wifi, reason: probably not for a home product
- Chromecast support for sense setup/admin program, reason: probably no actual benefit on casting the app on a bigger screen
- Option to block certanin TLDs on router, for example *.ru, reason: probably not for a home product
Features confirmed that not going to be implemented:
- WPS, reason: security flawed
- Web admin view for sense wifi-router without restricting it to android or iOS-devices, reason: configuration will be done from the app
Thanks @FormerMember for going through all this effort, it must have taken quite a bit of time to collate. We'll have some discussion internally on how to make maintaining and participating in this wishlist more convenient for everyone.
From the wishlist, we do have IPv6 support natively on the SENSE router but the configuration options for IPv6 addressing are not available for users at the moment.
- Simo / SENSE QA Lead
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions