cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SENSE Feature Requests

Aspirant

Viite: Sense feature wishlist

Some minor Android -app "fixes" which are quite fast to implement:

Event log should collate events under one mac -address/device. Now Amazon Fire TV is spamming the list (new device between 7-12 minutes) and those should all go under one device (or if not allways, the new device event at least).

There could be Linux PC in device list or at least PC (other) so that i don't have to choose windows PC or mac and have a place for RaspBerry PC also.

Aspirant

Re: Sense feature wishlist

I miss an option to switch between a standard DNS and F-Secure DNS or alternative DNS, such as OpenDNS for more privacy. Currently I use OpenDNS, so I can see a statistics of the web usage and simply block unwanted domains by mouse click.

Some devices connect to the manufacturer without the user's consent. I would also like to prevent this.

Champion

the iOS App removes unused devices after some time, why?

FormerMember
Not applicable

So if you just put opendns ip address on the dns server in the sense's network configuration, it does not work?

Like 8.8.8.8 (googledns) instead of 192.168.71.1.

Cannot personally try this since i am having some issues with my Sense.

Also you could use something like Pi-hole on a Raspberry Pi for dns server. (requires an extra device)

Aspirant

Re: SENSE Feature Requests

- Sense Android app to have to ability to import/export settings and device names ... _ don't want to do a soft/hard reset on my Sense and lose my named devices ... it's taken me a while to type in meaningful names for my devices by manually checking their MAC addresses individually.

- A website whitelisting feature would be a welcome bonus ... currently my Sense blocks a valid subscriber download on my stardock.com account. The only way round this is by stopping browsing protection temporarily.

- As others have stated, need some form of logging report facility as to what Sense is blocking, abnormal traffic etc ... current information on logging using Sense App is a bit basic for my liking.

Other than that I'm happy with the device.

Scholar

-VPN in and out, a safe way for accessing home devices. 2-way authentication on connections from Internet to home network with Sense app for VPN. This would be so great...

-Multiple WLAN subnet configuration, separate network for DMZ stuff and internal. Now there's two nets, but one is 2,4ghz and the other one is 5ghz. I need multiple 2,4ghz to solve my problems. Of course I can add a wifi router behind Sense. If the upper one can't be done, then this...

Aspirant

With reference to this post, it would be good to have usb functionality working on Sense for those who want to connect USB hard drives (Media server) to Sense. For now, I'll connect my USB drive directly to my PC ...

Aspirant

Software for OS X

Highlighted

Option to set up an Network Printserver for printer attached to the USB port would be nice.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Option to turn off of certain wifi or all. For example if I do not need 2.4ghz, I can turn it off.

This of course requires the sense to be able to be configured from pc which is connected to LAN port like any other router.