Nest Protect not working with Sense

Novice

Nest Protect not working with Sense

I have a few Nest Protect smoke alarms in my house. 

Now with the Sense I need to create a new wifi and therefore the Nests need to be set up again. 

The first one is fine. Works. 

When you set up a second Nest in your home, it will attempt to copy the settings from the first. 

This fails when on the Sense wifi - even if I disable all protections in the Sense iOS app. 

So I can only have one Nest Protect connected which is obviously not ideal. Especially since Sense was meant to work specifically with iot - and Nest must be some of the most prominent iot devices out there. 

Any my ideas on how to get this to work?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Employee

Re: Nest Protect not working with Sense

Hi,

We obtained some extra Nests and ran some tests but we were unable to reproduce the issue. Everything appeard to work normally through the SENSE network in our environment. 

<edit> our dev mentioned that apparently Nests talk to each other directly to syncronize settings, you could check from Nest troubleshooting instructions if there's some solution for your problem.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

4 REPLIES 4
Champion

Betreff: Nest Protect not working with Sense

strange, it worked with my two nests...

btw, the setup-process for the second protect is really nice Smiley Very Happy

Community Manager

Hi maigaard,

Please get in touch with our support team so that this can be investigated further. You can reach them via chat or phone as mentioned here.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
F-Secure Employee

Hi,

We obtained some extra Nests and ran some tests but we were unable to reproduce the issue. Everything appeard to work normally through the SENSE network in our environment. 

<edit> our dev mentioned that apparently Nests talk to each other directly to syncronize settings, you could check from Nest troubleshooting instructions if there's some solution for your problem.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

Scholar

Nest works fine with my Sense-Router. 

Without problems.

(2 Cams and 2 Smoke alarms)