F-Secure Sense(win 10) 17.5 updates failed after 5.4.2019

JOnes
JOnes Posts: 411 Rock Star

erhe.PNG

Updates failed after weekend(again),any workaround ?

Comments

• JOnes

erhe1.PNG

Any updates on this one?

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @JOnes 

Please try run the FSAUA Reset tool on your machine in where sense app has failed to install the updates. This will delete all the downloaded update modules from the machine and makes the computer re-download the updates. This is to make sure that the updates are not corrupted or malfunctioning

Click here to download the FSAUA tool.

You should run it as administrator. Wait until it finishes. Then wait for the machine to re-download the updates and then you can see whether the updates are installed.

• JOnes

Hi

Instead of offering me the obvious and ususally the only (well known) tool(with uninstallation tool)  for recovering from error situations,you could find out the root cause of the situation by opening a ticket and asking for output of F-Secure Sense support tool in order to resolve the cause.In the long run it may improve the quality of the product.Specially in cases  like this where "nothing has been done",but update prosesses are broken...

• MJO
    MJO Posts: 43 Enthusiast

F-Secure uninstallation tool has option to uninstall F-Secure Sense when you choose the option "choose what to uninstall" at least for me it shows Sense on the list.

• JOnes

Yep,my FsUninstallatiotool.exe was obsolete,latest version found sense ok.sorry

This discussion has been closed.