Dramatic loss of internet speed

TDK
TDK Posts: 3 New Member

With te switch from FRITZ!Box 7490 wireless (XS4ALL provider here in NL) to SENSE wireless I've 'lost' more than half of te speed I'm paying XS4ALL for...

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6410197146  with SENSE

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6410208886 without SENSE

Any comments...?

Comments

• TDK

Hi Simo,

Thanks for your quick reply! The SENSE is connected trough WIFI and I did use de 5 Ghz band for the measurements.

Using a cable would mean I have to place the SENSE near my FRITZ!Box in a (confined) hall closet or roll out an ugly cable in my living room...In the first case speed will definately increase and perhaps reach the same level that I was used to and in the second option my wife will kill me...😉

As a SAFE and FREEDOME user I ask myself if the SENSE has any added value comparing it to my 'old' and well protected setup...

Best Regards,

Tom

• Well how did your wireless work before then?

Did you have some other wireless access point connected via wifi to the fritzbox?

Also you could just roll out the cable and change wifi for wife. Robot wink

• TDK

SENSE is in here box again...As a FREEDOME + SAFE (by xs4all) user I am pretty safe I guess...When I turn on Freedome I lose some speed too but is is not as dramatic as with using SENSE trough WiFi. And I can choose between safety or speed...With SENSE the options are limited...

In every picture SENSE is shown connected "wireless" and that makes the WAF (women acceptance factor) OK. Spending the money on SENSE isn't adding any value in my setup and frankly: my FRITZ!Box 7490 is an overall better wireless performer.

That doesn't mean SENSE is a bad product, it's just not the right upgrade for me now. But you never know how SENSE will develop in the (near) future...

This discussion has been closed.