Connections form Arlo not permanently online

Supporter

Re: Connections form Arlo not permanently online

Thank you.

Highlighted
Aspirant

Dear Simo, regarding your comment I have another experience that during orange light the Arlo System is not reachable via App. Only after change to green the app access all cameras. So there is still an issue and I hope you will find a solution. 

Supporter

And I have the same issue as Spacemaster... when the light is orange, I am unable to access some or all cameras.

Aspirant

Dear Simo, any news regarding the still existing bug ?

Thx

Former F-Secure Employee

Unfortunately nothing conclusive yet, we are looking into another streaming problem which may or may not be related and hopefully we get in touch with a technical contact in that company this week.

In my test environment the Arlo app remains connected and I can stream video from the cameras for longer periods of time without breakups. I can see that the Arlo occasionally shows the orange leds, but i'm not sure if that's 'normal' behavior or not. The Arlo app at launch shows 'offline' status until it reaches the cameras and then everything appears to be working "normally".

Unfortunately these things may take time to figure out when they are not straight forward or easy to reproduce, apologies for that. But rest assured we'll continue to work on these and re-test when we make changes.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

Scholar

I have a similar issue with my Arlo Q Plus security camera! Has anyone found a solution? I'm really trying to solve it but can't complete it on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

Aspirant

Have the same problem with sense Secure ...tried everything to get a reliable connect to Arlo but havent´t found a solution so far. I have two different base stations in my network working with 8 Cams. Most of the time both stations seems to be wohn when I want to connect via smart phone. Only after shutting down the app 6 -12 times in a row I get a connect to the cams. Please get a fix. I am also not sure whether the motion detection works in this environment then... 

Aspirant

Dear Simo, any news regarding the still existing bug ?

Thanks.

Axel

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this problem, the Arlo app connects to the cameras on both android and iOS without any perceivable problems. I also get motion tracking notifications 'normally'. Our next firmware update includes some fixes to various components that may or may not help in this scenario, but it is hard to give a conclusive answer unless we can reproduce the problem.

Aspirant

Hi, 

that´s a pity...I mean there seam to be a lot o folks that suffer the same issue that I suffer.

And Arlo is a wide spread security thing.

Would it help if I grant you access via ARLO to my system? 

So you can at least see the result taht i See? Please contanct me if this helps.

To be open - if we do not find a solution I do not see a chance to extend my service with Secure Sense - and so propaply  won´t my previous speaker.

I would be very glad for your assistance.

Thanks.

Axel