Browsing protection not neutral

F6
Supporter

Re: Browsing protection not neutral

The problem isn't Android vs IOS developement:

- first: Android development difficulty is a myth since the 4.0 version. The only problem should be with the managment of the display size (nothing to do with managing Sense !)

- second: I have paid the same amount than IOS users: why my device has fewers functions than IOS users ?

I have not seen a warning "Android has fewer functions than IOS" on the tech specs.

It's only dishonest.

FormerMember
Not applicable

I don't know where you get your development information but due the fragmentation of Android ecosystem, the development needs more testing at least.

But other than that, those are good points, but would people rather want a situation where F-Secure only releases updates when both platforms are ready?

But as we don't know the internal stufd from F-Secure, it's hard to know if there just is lack of personel or something.

F6
Supporter

I'm not interested with the developemnt management problems of F-Secure.

Only one fact: the second (2nd) update of Sense:

Community Manager
Re: What's new in SENSE

A new version (1.1.2043) of SENSE for iOS client is now available in the app store.
 New change:

• Website Whitelisting: The app will allow you to access websites that SENSE blocked

It was 2 (two !!!) month ago: and today there's nothing for Android users.

2 questions:

- Why choosing the app-only management system, if you're unable to provide it for the major plateform ?

- When will you synchronise the improvement on both plateforms ?

If you can't answer to this: I can't use this device, I want my money back, tell me how. Or provide me an iDevice.

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

The website whitelisting for Android is one of the features being worked on right now in this development sprint.  We know this feature is important and we are working on getting it available. There's one planned android app update coming "soon", if it doesn't get finished in time for that, then the next update will have it.

The apps will always be a bit out of sync as features are developed sometimes first on Android, sometimes iOS. There have been some features which Android has received first before iOS like the ability to schedule firmware updates. The reason for this is that when one platform implements something and works out all the issues, it's easier for the second platform to follow up on it.

There are multiple reasons why we have chosen apps and not a local web interface for configuring SENSE. The apps make the product more accessible to 'normal users' and allow us to do use cases and richer experiences in the future that are not possible with a web interface, like secure remote management, end-point-security and notifications when you're on the go. Also not having a full-access local web-interface with (which people generally misconfigure) reduces the exploitable attack surface of the router itself quite significantly.

We sincerely apologice that you have been forced to wait, and I hope the inconvenience has not been unbearable.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

F6
Supporter

Nope.

Delay between the only documented feature put on Android first, then IOS: 3 weeks. And it's choosing the time to reboot when a new version is pushed. Number of use: few per year.

Delay between the essential feature to whitelist a blocked site: more than 9 weeks, and still waiting. Number of use: several per week.

Simply answer to my simple 2 question, please.

FormerMember
Not applicable

Any update on the eta of the whitelisting feature for android?

It has been few months and ios has had it for quite some time.

Former F-Secure Employee

We are a little bit delayed because of the WPA2 vulnerability exercise last week, apologies for that.

We still have a couple of bugs to fix and verify before we can put this out, but we are targeting a beta this week still.

Former F-Secure Employee

I have published a new beta version of the Android app into google play, it includes also the anticipated URL Whitelisting feature. The app version is 1.0.749.

The publishing process takes some time at google end but it should become available for beta users soon. Please give it a try once it becomes available.

FormerMember
Not applicable

For me it's now available. Thanks!

Community Manager

The Android app version 1.0.749 has been released to production now (more information here).

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.