windows first-class protector

on the other laptop in this house windows first class protector blocks F-secure from running. I have tried to get rid of it using spybot, but no success. I cannot find this in when I use search on this site, so .................... anybody who can tell me how to kill this virus?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi mirjam,

1. Start your computer into Safe mode with networking.
    2. Run Internet Explorer, Click Tools > Internet Options > Select Connections Tab and click to Lan Settings > Uncheck “Use a proxy server” box.
    3. Download and run the F-Secure EasyClean.

Thanks.

Edited: URL to F-Secure EasyClean updated.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• mirjam
    mirjam Posts: 4 Observer

Thanks Jayson,

I ran Easy Clean and it declared the computer free of virusses etc. What still wories me is that in the F-Secure window Scheduled scanning and Virus and spyware scanning are not checked, well, are blue and already 2 days saying: updating (bezig met bijwerken, dutch). That seems to me a bit long. On my own computer it took just a couple minutes and then they were checked green. Should I reinstall F-secure? Can this be an after-effect of this horrible first-class protector thing?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi mirjam,

Glad to hear that you have get rid of the rogueware. Indeed the update should not take that long, even for the first installation. May I know which version of F-Secure program you have?

You may try to run the FSAUA-RESET tool.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• mirjam
    mirjam Posts: 4 Observer

Thanks Jayson. I tried to find a version number for F-secure, but I just seem to miss it.The download just mentions: F-Seccure IS full version, and the activation code.  I am pretty certain it's the latest, for I downloaded it only recentrly. And it is updated until today, so that should be OK. I will try the reset tool and let you know what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info