virus and spyware protection malfunction

hi

since 29/7/18  i have been receiving the subject message about every 22 minutes .

it tells me to restart my computer ,which clears the problem for about 22 mins .

so every 22 mins i have to reboot my pc .

i am running windows 10 home .

any help to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated

regards

john

ps i do not have rapport software installed , which seemed to be a problem in the past

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I think that most useful option is to contact their direct official F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

Just as own tries to investigate more -> maybe good to add some more information like:

-> does it twenty two minutes of idle is also enough?

With meanings: after restart system and do not use it (just idle state) twenty two minutes - what is result?  """virus and spyware protection malfunction"""?

->  does it indeed such trouble is reproduced one month already?

since 29/7/18  i have been receiving 

or did you mean that it started only today?

-- if "one month" - does 'reinstall F-Secure" is option (with clean up by their F-Secure Uninstallation Tool before installing and after uninstalling)?

-- if "one day" (and trouble is reproduced with system idle state) - maybe good to doublecheck that all of potential updates are installed (system updates, third-party background updates and own F-Secure updates). Possible to check list of F-Secure updates by rightclick F-Secure tray-logo and choose "Check updates" (or Open common settings).

Also, maybe it is good to know your system/OS and version of F-Secure solution.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info