ukcontentdelivery.info

After installing F-secure Safe trial version every time when I start Google Chrome there will appear couple of popups from ukcontentdelivery.info

When I scan my Windows 10 laptop with F-secure Safe it does not find anything malicious...

This makes me seriously confused to conside if F-seruce Safe is worth of buying.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

This makes me seriously confused to conside if F-seruce Safe is worth of buying.

Did you mean that such changes are bundle by F-Secure SAFE trial installation? I think that it is not likely situation - but by which steps you got F-Secure SAFE trial account? Is it official website?

Or did you mean that F-Secure SAFE does not detect and ignore this kind of adware, PUA/PUPs item?

There was discussion about related subject (why it can be undetected and how to fix situation):

Maybe possible to find something useful for your certain situation. Because I think that most of such 'tricks' are about common design.

For except tries to clean up system/browser -> if such impact is based on known executable -> good to transfer it to F-Secure Labs:

F-Secure Labs policy about "PUA/PUPs":

Sorry for my worst English;

If something is unclear- you do able to ask more and other community users should help with much more clear advice.

Thanks!

• juha_tu
    juha_tu Posts: 2 New Member

I bought F-Secure Safe trial from F-Secure's official WEB site and quite immediately after installint that product those pop-ups appeared every time after boot of PC and 1st start of Google Chrome. In MS Edge browser those are not appearing.

At least now my opinion is not to by F-Secure Safe and continue using free Avast. It's not reasonable to spend money in something not-working software and I don't want to spend my time in reading some speculations around how to avoid that malware.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@juha_tu wrote:

I bought F-Secure Safe trial from F-Secure's official WEB site and quite immediately after installint that product those pop-ups appeared every time after boot of PC and 1st start of Google Chrome. In MS Edge browser those are not appearing.

At least now my opinion is not to by F-Secure Safe and continue using free Avast. It's not reasonable to spend money in something not-working software and I don't want to spend my time in reading some speculations around how to avoid that malware.

So, if you did not install any other software/applications and did not any install any other browser addons or extensions - it is strange situation (that quite immediately after installing F-Secure SAFE those pop-ups appeared).

Anyway, likely that it is possible to fix by changing Google Chrome settings (start page, desktop's shortcut path, remove 'third-party' addon or extension, remove system installed application with related to popups name or so).

It's not reasonable to spend money in something not-working software and I don't want to spend my time in reading some speculations around how to avoid that malware.

Maybe your experience is not about malicious software. But kind of that (rogue).

And it is unclear what F-Secure SAFE should to do against it. If it is installed by user (with his allowing it by Administrator rights) and it is not fully harmful -> F-Secure SAFE should to respect user's choice.

Otherwise - there is F-Secure Policy about PUA/PUPs:

and if impact description is valid for your situation - F-Secure Labs should to investigate it (why item is not detected/alerted).

Also, it is possible to contact their official F-Secure Support Channel (chat as example):

it is part of service/solution.

by the way - reason of your topic is 'request for removing and detecting ukcontentdelivery[.]info popups by F-Secure SAFE solution and its scanning process' (as it not works now)? Or just as information that it is happened?

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info