transfering f secure to new laptop

Novice

transfering f secure to new laptop

Hi

I don't have an f secure disc and have just bought a new laptop.  How do I transfer my security to my new laptop? I think my subscription is due for renewal at the end of October but want to start using my new laptop asap.

When I went through the start up set up, its offering norton for 60 days free so should I take up this offer and just wait until my f secure is due for renewal and uninstall norton or can u tell me how to get f secure on my new laptop.

Cheers

Jill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: transfering f secure to new laptop

Hi Jill,

1. Uninstall any other anti-virus program you have from your system.
2. Turn OFF Windows Defender. (For Windows Vista & Windows 7 only)
3. Download and run the F-Secure Internet Security 2012 network installer, validate with your subscription key.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Jill,

1. Uninstall any other anti-virus program you have from your system.
2. Turn OFF Windows Defender. (For Windows Vista & Windows 7 only)
3. Download and run the F-Secure Internet Security 2012 network installer, validate with your subscription key.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Scholar

Running 2 different anti-virus programs won't work right. That is why you should only have 1 AV program installed.

Senior Advisor

yes.

If you have internet security/anti virus for one computer, or for 3, but all of them are in use, then first uninstall one of those F-Secure anti-viruses and use its subscription key