"New Features " notification on Android will not disappear

CQ6
CQ6 Posts: 1 New Member

Received the notification that !new features are available" on my sony E5 and after signing in and setting the family rules the notification is still there and will not disappear which is quite annoying.How can I get it to disappear ?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

With my experience there was two situations (but also with meanings that after "installing" latest update/build from Play Market):

--> Restart device was helpful; or like "shutdown" and then turn ON;

--> Required reinstallation (as uninstall and then install F-Secure SAFE and configure it else one time);

I think - that if you did not try first "option" yet - maybe you able to re-check.. what if it will be useful there?

If not - and second "option" not an option -> maybe you able to contact F-Secure Support channels directly (chat/phone) or later there will  be normal official response about such situation (with proper advices).

Thanks!

• PeterK
    PeterK Posts: 3 New Member

I have the same problem even after upgrading to latest version. It would be better to inform us of the version number of the release that is supposed to 'Fix'

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi PeterK,

The version that should have the fix is 17.0.013461.

• PeterK

I'm using that version. I have it on my tablet and on my phone, both android 7.  However I do not have the message on my phone, its just lingering on my tablet

• [Deleted User]

Hi PeterK,

I have reported it internally that the issue persists even with the recent version. While we investigate, you could try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes the issue.

• PeterK

I have uninstalled it, released the licence, rebooted tablet, reinstalled SAFE, and the welcome message no longer appears. Its annoying to have to go through this but, thank you, it has worked

• [Deleted User]

Thanks for the update, PeterK. Good to know it helped.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info