installing f-secure on samsung galaxy tab2

Aspirant

installing f-secure on samsung galaxy tab2

As part of Virgin Media offer I am trying to install f-secure on my Samsung Galaxy tab2 7 tablet. All appears to go ok until I c,lick the Activate button when I get message 'Unfortunately F-Secure mobile security has stopped. I have tried uninstalling other secuity Apps before installing F-Secure but get same result.
22 REPLIES 22
ihb
Scholar

Re: installing f-secure on samsung galaxy tab2

I am having the same problem with Galaxy NOTE 10.1

Aspirant

Installed F-secure Tablet Security app from PLAY STORE but get same problem when I Activate.
Aspirant

Tried installing from mobile.f-secure.com as asked by f-secure techy but get exactly same problem
Also get same problem when I try installing on my wifes Samsung Galaxy tab2 10

Both our tablets are on Android version 4.2.2

Scholar

Same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

Aspirant

Received email from f-secure support saying they have received other reports of problems when on Android version 4.2.2 and they are escalating this to the team responsible for f-secure tablet security.
ihb
Scholar

My note 10.1 is on Android 4.1.2. Have tried un install and re install but still have the same message. 

F-Secure

Hi everyone,

This is a known issue and we are currently investigating it.

---
Best regards,
Fendy

Scholar

I still haven't been able to activate this on my Tablet. Any news?

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Investigations are still ongoing. There is a new version coming out shortly that includes multiple smaller fixes that I would like you to test if possible.

Best Regards

-Jake
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.