installation failed

Superuser

Re: installation failed

Hi Mola,

Just in case it gives us a clue, please could you briefly run through the difficulties your husband had installing FS on his machine?

To all intents and purposes, it sounds like you have installed the stand alone Internet Security product, rather than using SAFE., but I wouldn't like to assume that for certain.

My best advice would be to go back to square one.  When you feel less stressed about all of this, first, check Windows Updates for any pending updates, and allow those to install.  Then, I would advise that you once again download and run the Virgin Media uninstaller from here: http://dl01.radialpoint.net/Virgin/Uninstall/UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe.  Once that is complete, reboot the machine, then run the F-Secure uininstaller from here: ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/UninstallationTool.exe

Once that's all done, log in to your F-Secure SAFE portal, and once again try to install Internet Security from there.  If you are already registered, through the Virgin Media link, then there should be no need to enter a license key, as it's all taken care of via the SAFE portal.

I'm sorry if we are only suggesting what you have already tried, but as you say, something may have been missed, and going back to start from scratch is often the best way to solve issues such as this.

Community Manager

Re: installation failed

Good morning Mola,

I'm not entirely sure why you are prompted for a subscription key. There are some possible reasons for that, however you should not have run into any of those scenarios.

I'm with NikK and Simon here, the best cause of action is to reset and start over.

1. Uninstall Internet Security.
    - VMS uninstallation tool and our uninstallation tool may be used, as Simon and NikK suggested

2. Login to your SAFE portal (mysafe.f-secure.com) from the computer you want to install

3. Check the list for the problematic computer

- If it is in there, remove it

4. Click "Install" next to Internet Security
5. Name your device and download the Installer offered by the portal

6. Run the installer and follow the instructions

Could you please let us know how it went?

Best regards,

Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.