installation failed

Scholar

Re: installation failed

I have exactly the same problem as maddazz describes: "FS loads upto 70% then bounces between 94 & 84% before whizzing to 100% " installation failed ". I uninstalled previousley installed scanners (McAfee, AVG), I restarted several tiimes, checked for Windows updates, etc.

I just tried the last suggestion, that is, to run the FS installer as 'super-admin'. Still: the same behavior, so still no FS installed.

I am very interested in any other suggestestion. Besides, all this time my laptop is uprotected...worried....Smiley Sad

(OS = Windows 7)

Superuser

I know it seems we keep asking the same question, but did you uninstall the previous AV products using their specific uninstallers, as linked to above?

Just another suggestion, and I think Blackcat mentioned this elsewhere, but have you tried installing F-Secure in Safe Mode With Networking? Not sure if it will work, but otherwise, it's a support request to F-Secure I'm afraid. If you're concerned about being unprotected, you could install the trial version of Malwarebytes Pro and also enable Windows Defender (or MSE) in the interim, until this is sorted.
Scholar

Yes, I uninstalled other AV programs (AVG, McAfee, F-secure (the failed one)) with the AntiVirusRemover.exe program that is advised by Blackcat  here (http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Removing-other-Antivirus/td-p/33593).

Sure, helpful program, thanks for that.

Then, three restarts later, I installed F-secure again, being THE built in adminstrator user of Windows 7, in Safe mode with networking.

Still, the same behavior, ending up in a failed installation (after about 45 minutes).

Superuser

Did you try in Safe Mode with Networking? Other than that, I'm out of ideas, sorry.

There are two or three threads running with the same issues at the moment, so maybe having a look through those other threads might give you an idea of something you haven't tried yet. Otherwise, it's time for a support request. Smiley Sad
Scholar

Yes, also in Safe mode with networking (I added this to my previous post as well, as I saw I forgot to add it first).

As a next step, I'll try to issue a ticket via support.

Superuser

Good luck!
Highlighted
Scholar

Hi another virgin customer, having problems with install. Completed first steps registered etc but when i click install button after naming device i just get a pop up saying error try again in a moment. Thats all nothing else nothing else. I have totally uninstalled virgin media security and still same problem. Any help before i cancel my virgin subscription and go to sky would be appreciated.
Superuser

I'm on my phone at the moment, so it's difficult to search the forums, but I seem to recall that we've had this one before, and it was something to do with the device naming. Sorry to be vague, but hopefully someone can find the thread / posts that relate to this.

I have to say, though, that so many difficulties with installations doesn't look good on F-Secure, so I hope that they can find the time to post some solutions here soon.
Scholar

Guys,

It may also be worth mentioning that i have also uninstalled the virgin media service manager. This is not necessary now and may interfere. VM doesn't prompt you to jettison this when getting rid of the VM security.

Advocate

@Soddingannoyed wrote:
Hi another virgin customer, having problems with install. Completed first steps registered etc but when i click install button after naming device i just get a pop up saying error try again in a moment.

I think the thread Simon mentioned is this one: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/wont-install/td-p/37313

Unfortunately we never got any feedback if the problem was solved or not.