ilivid malware

I have just done a full scan on my imac and it has found this malware in mail downloads. I have put into into trash and emtiped the trash but do you know if this has now got rid of the malware

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Based on brief Google Search about "ilivid malware" --> this is something as Potential Unwanted Application and/or related with some payloads (addons for browser/toolbars/adware and so); Usually such applications can be installed manually (so.. as valid software; but with certain tricks during installation; or with their work);

So -> partly not clear why it was under mail downloads?! (most likely detection for attached files?! indeed downloaded file); But - if you did remove it (and after some other steps) -> possible to re-run Full Scan.

General meanings can be: re-check that installed only known/trusted/good applications under your system; re-check your browser's settings about potential suspicious things or items; And re-sure about point like "does it was installed or not" (or only 'installer' placed under system - if it applicable for Mac-platform).

Maybe possible to re-check web about certain concern;

I'm not friendly with Mac-platform - so I search some articles and one of examples:

https://www.computing.net/answers/mac/uninstall-ilivid-from-google-chrome-and-imac/14528.html

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions);

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info