how to set fsecure to check files when i download torrent (utorrent)

i want to know how to make fsecure check torrent when i download it or utorrent to start fsecure i know that utorrent has some sort of command line sterter chen torrent downloades but i dont know how to use it

urban120 

Comments

• firionicable
    firionicable Posts: 24 Explorer

Once you have downloaded a file completely, you can have it scaned by your AV. You won't be getting any virus yet unless you open the file itself.image

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

technically it is not possible to scan inside a torrent as the file is beeing delivered in small parts  from various sources at the same time. Only after it is completely downloaded the file can be scanned.

AND it will automatically be scanned by F-Secure in the moment it is complete (unless you have turned off realtime scanning!

BR

• urban120
    urban120 Posts: 2

thank you

but when i scaned 1 file manualy it showed that i has 2 viruses how is this posible if i was already scaned

urban120 

• alconsvr
    alconsvr Posts: 26 Observer

MJ-perComp wrote:

Hi,

technically it is not possible to scan inside a torrent as the file is beeing delivered in small parts  from various sources at the same time. Only after it is completely downloaded the file can be scanned.

AND it will automatically be scanned by F-Secure in the moment it is complete (unless you have turned off realtime scanning!

I had an answer from F-Secure tech support, that gives a different impression. I hope it's wrong. Extract below:

"By default, the scan inside archive files is available if you initiate the scan to scan target file/folder or scan the whole computer. The scan inside archive is not running in real-time is because it will slow down the performance a lot as it needs to scan every single item in the background. However the real time scanning will pick up the file once the file are being uncompressed/unzipped."

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

the answer you received is correct as well  - but it does not answer your question here!

You were asking about "torrent" downloads and they answered about what happens after download.

After download the file will be scanned, based on the settings for realtime scan. Realtimescna does not look inside archives. but when you open the archive (unpack it ) to the local disk, each file that is extracted will be scanned.

So in the end there is nothing that you should worry about. any file that you can execute is scanned before you execute it (or while you execute it).

BR

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info