false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back = see original case xxxxxx

Aspirant

Re: false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back = see original case xxxxxx

I do mean ALL of my devices. Right now, I have nine devices transferred to Bitdefender.

I have five Windows 10 devices and four Android devices. (I have an IOS device I have not yet transferred.)

At the individual device level (Android) I can choose to add a lock to any individual app such that starting the app requires a PIN (the same PIN for all locked apps.) This way, I can safely hand my phone to someone else and I know they cannot go exploring without my knowledge. There are too many features to list, but that one is the one I like the most. (I do like that the A-V signature files update every hour and that any device that is off for more than 24 hours is flagged as out of date.)

At the global level, there is a master control application where I can observe the A-V status and activity on all of my devices. From there, I can locate or wipe any Android device (not sure about Windows.) A feature I especially like is: there is a panel where I can enter all of my email addresses and my credit card numbers (they save only the first 12 digits) and then they continually scan the 'dark web' for matches. This way I found that one of my email addresses used as as the id on some system, had been compromised with its password and was offered for sale. While that is of little danger to me-I use different passwords on different systems-I immediately changed every password used with that email. And, I decided to impliment two-factor authentication everywhere it was available.

I suggest you get a free-trial license and look at it yourself.

Superuser

Re: false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back = see original case xxxxxx

Hello,

Thanks for your response, description and advices!

My own mobile devices are Windows Phone -> so... I'm not able to try it under Android-device with enough time for proper understanding (also where F-Secure SAFE generally works good for my purposes -> I tried some other solutions which was a little be strange. And Sophos solutions - which looks good. But Bitdefender I did not try with Android-device based on that 'no reasons' to use it only under Android-device (for me)). And kind of this noted 'ability' also possible to use with Windows Phone; but as build-in things (Apps Corner // Kid's Corner) -- so, I do able to feel 'useful'-point of it.

Probably technology-preview/beta of F-Secure SAFE for Android was introduced this feature too (recently). Even locate/wipe/database-updates and status of device (with limitation) was available with F-Secure SAFE for Android too. Not sure about powerful status of this some features (I did not use them). 

Design about 'surf' for leaked data sounds goods. But looks like that this is something as known-service by Troy Hunt (and many others). Ability to re-check "password leaks" by mail-address.

But... with my own experience -> such services with 'limitation'. For example, definitely known for me about certain leaked and compromised passwords/mail-addresses -> but any of services do not mark them as 'leaked' items or 'part of potential breaches'. Because ?! 'public' available data do not contain them. But anyway: quite often such services (trusted ones) can be useful and helpful.

Sorry for my large reply. And thanks for suggestions else one time.

Thanks!

Superuser

Hello,

As my own feedback about situation with WhosCall and repeated detection:

--> with latest reply's date and 'back false positive detection'-status -- I asked F-Secure Labs about such concern. They performed some kind of 'investigation' (?!) and then back with reply that based on their research and fix-actions -> all should be OK with next releases/updates of WhosCall.

So, detection should not back with their each update (and not required to transfer it to F-Secure Labs each time).

--> today I re-check that WhosCall was recently with fresh build and tried to install it.

As result, indeed all OK. and my F-Secure installation do not detect anything and do not trigger detection during manual scan.

Most likely, at least currently, this troublemeanings fixed. Not sure if it can be with back status (if WhosCall-design will be with any other triggers for any other kind of detections) OR if there will be some changes -> but I able to suspect that main trouble-concern from this topic CURRENTLY fixed (and more stable than previously).

Thanks!