f secure installation failed

Senior Advisor

Re: f secure installation failed

Hi amal

I doubt that you will receive any response from Support over the next few days due to the festive holidays although I would hope the some Support staff are working somewhere!

We helpers have suggested all the ideas that have worked in the past for Virgin Media customers crossing over to F-Secure;

1. Windows updates are not waiting to be installed.

2. A complete uninstall of VM's Antivirus before trying to install F-Secure. 

3. No incompatible security software running in real-time.

Therefore, it would appear that there is a hardware/software mix on your machine that F-Secure does not like and therefore only a FSDIAG report would shed some light on a possible conflict.

The other possibility is that you have an infection that was not detected by VM Antivirus but which is stopping the install of F-Secure. Have you ruled out this possibility?

To test for this I would try running Malwarebytes first; http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and see if there is indeed any malware.

If not, install a free Antivirus such as Avira/Avast/Panda until you make a decision on whether to stick with F-Secure or switch to another vendor. IME, there are AVs that run perfectly on some systems but not others! 

Senior Advisor

Hey Simon you must be reading my notes over my shoulder; that's twice in 2 days!

Superuser

Lol!  Smiley Wink

Scholar

Yes you need to uninstall it first

Scholar

hello blackcat,,,,simon,,,,nick....thks for all your valued support nd instructions....finally managed to install today after full

recovery of the system.... ysterday spent almost 3hrs wth online support nd they couldnt manage it.

at last had to do a full recovery nd was able to install today without trouble. spent three days on this.

thks to you all once again for yr valued support.....appreciate and thks

Superuser

It's a shame you didn't get to the bottom of what the problem was (obviously some kind of conflict), but glad to hear it's sorted.  santa.gif