Another idea is to use the F-Secure Support Tool to gather information about your system, and why F-Secure will not install.
1. Download, open/unzip and run the Support Tool from here:
This will then produce a file on your desktop that hopefully will contain some logs that can explain why F-Secure can't be installed on your machine.
2. You can then submit a support request, and attach the FSDIAG file from your desktop:
If you're unsure how to use fsdiag.zip file:
1. Right-click the link and select save target as, to save it somewhere on your disk (remember "where" you save it)
2. Open a windows explorer and go to the download location you selected above
3. Right-click the file fsdiag.zip and choose Extract all. Click Extract in the next window.
4. Open the directory fsdiag, and then open the sub-directory fsdiag
5. Double-click the file fsdiag.exe and follow the instructions
hello...this is the msg
Standalone Diagnostic Tool "FSdiag"
(c) 2012 F-Secure Corporation
1. Extract the contents of the fsdiag folder within the zipfile to local hard drive
2. Execute "FSdiag.exe" from the local hard drive
3. The output of the tool will be saved on the shared desktop as "fsdiag.zip"
* Added support for gathering Policy Manager logs
* Fixed collection of CCF Reputation logs
hello....can anyone help me on this installation failed issue....the online chat is not responding.....i have uninstalled my
previous virgin security nd spend whole of my yesterday on this nd today again ....going on without any security.....
To be honest, I think we've done all we can, but just to double check, have you:
1. Run the Virgin Media Security Uninstallation Tool, as suggested by Blackcat above, then reboot.
2. Run the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool (link above), then reboot.
3. Run Windows Updates and check that all updates are installed, then reboot.
4. Removed all other security software from the machine, preferably using the vendor's uninstallation tools.
5. Tried the F-Secure installation again.
If you've done all that, I'm afraid you'll need to contact F-Secure Support, preferably attaching an FSDIAG from the Support Tool which I think has also been linked to in this thread.
In the meantime, I would suggest downloading the trial version of MalwareBytes Pro, which will at least give you some protection until this can be sorted. Unfortunately, I think you'll be lucky to get a response from F-Secure over the Christmas period.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions