f secure installation failed

Advocate

Re: f secure installation failed

Does is say just failed? How far does the installation proceed until it fails?

Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the message.

Senior Advisor

Another idea is to use the F-Secure Support Tool to gather information about your system, and why F-Secure will not install. 

1. Download, open/unzip and run the Support Tool from here:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/fsdiag/fsdiag.zip

This will then produce a file on your desktop that hopefully will contain some logs that can explain why F-Secure can't be installed on your machine.

2. You can then submit a support request, and attach the FSDIAG file from your desktop:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

Scholar

hello ....no other sec softwares nd rebooted everytime....it goes till 94% then descends to 84% climbs again to 91% nd shows failed....thks

Advocate

If you're unsure how to use fsdiag.zip file:

1. Right-click the link and select save target as, to save it somewhere on your disk (remember "where" you save it)

2. Open a windows explorer and go to the download location you selected above

3. Right-click the file fsdiag.zip and choose Extract all. Click Extract in the next window.

4. Open the directory fsdiag, and then open the sub-directory fsdiag

5. Double-click the file fsdiag.exe and follow the instructions

Scholar

hello...this is the msg

Standalone Diagnostic Tool "FSdiag"

(c) 2012 F-Secure Corporation

Usage

1. Extract the contents of the fsdiag folder within the zipfile to local hard drive
2. Execute "FSdiag.exe" from the local hard drive
3. The output of the tool will be saved on the shared desktop as "fsdiag.zip"

Changes

2012-11-28

* Added support for gathering Policy Manager logs
* Fixed collection of CCF Reputation logs

Advocate

No, I didn't mean that message Smiley Wink Never mind, follow the advice by Blackcat to run it and then submit a support request with the fsdiag file attached.

Scholar

hello ....as per ur info I hav sent the FSdiag file to support....thks

Superuser

Go to Control Panel > Windows Updates and check to see if any updates are waiting to download. If so, download and install, reboot, then try the F-Secure installation again.
Scholar

hello....can anyone help me on this installation failed issue....the online chat is not responding.....i have uninstalled my

previous virgin security nd spend whole of my yesterday on this nd today again ....going on without any security.....

kindly help....thks

Superuser

To be honest, I think we've done all we can, but just to double check, have you:

1.  Run the Virgin Media Security Uninstallation Tool, as suggested by Blackcat above, then reboot.

2.  Run the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool (link above), then reboot.

3.  Run Windows Updates and check that all updates are installed, then reboot.

4.  Removed all other security software from the machine, preferably using the vendor's uninstallation tools.

5.  Tried the F-Secure installation again.

If you've done all that, I'm afraid you'll need to contact F-Secure Support, preferably attaching an FSDIAG from the Support Tool which I think has also been linked to in this thread.

In the meantime, I would suggest downloading the trial version of MalwareBytes Pro, which will at least give you some protection until this can be sorted.  Unfortunately, I think you'll be lucky to get a response from F-Secure over the Christmas period.