f-secure host process stopped working

Superuser

Re: f-secure host process stopped working

I wonder if MSOSYNC relates to some sort of Outlook / Office process? Are you syncing anything on the affected machine with another device?
Supporter

@Simon wrote:
I wonder if MSOSYNC relates to some sort of Outlook / Office process? Are you syncing anything on the affected machine with another device?

hello simon and nikk, it seems that office one note. the application i downloaded few days ago is the real cause of problem. i was even unable to uninstall it through control panel. i uninstalled it with microsoft tool. now there is no more bandwidth consumption in background. everything seems to be came to normal. will wait for few hours and report again if i will find anyhing regarding this issue.

Superuser

Interesting... It might still be useful if you could send an FSDIAG in to F-Secure, by way of a support ticket, so they can try to establish if there are any incompatibilities between FS and Onenote.

Don't worry that you've now uninstalled it - what went on will still show up in the FSDIAG. :)
Superuser

Oh, and refer them to this thread, as it might be helpful to them to see the discussion.
Supporter

@Simon wrote:
Interesting... It might still be useful if you could send an FSDIAG in to F-Secure, by way of a support ticket, so they can try to establish if there are any incompatibilities between FS and Onenote.

Don't worry that you've now uninstalled it - what went on will still show up in the FSDIAG. :)

thanks nikk  and simon. will do.

Advocate

office14/MSOSYNC.EXE is part of Office 2010 which I've previously run for at least a year alongside F-Secure without problems. The process ran in the background with hidden systray icon (I think) without interfering with anything else, so I don't think it's a general problem with Office. If it were we would have heard of it before.

FSDIAG will hopefully explain what's going on.

Supporter

@NikK wrote:

office14/MSOSYNC.EXE is part of Office 2010 which I've previously run for at least a year alongside F-Secure without problems. The process ran in the background with hidden systray icon (I think) without interfering with anything else, so I don't think it's a general problem with Office. If it were we would have heard of it before.

FSDIAG will hopefully explain what's going on.

thanks nikk. i have requested support. also attached fsdiag with it.

F-Secure

@Simon 

You are not entirely correct. There are multiple F-Secure host processes running in a system. One, which runs as SYSTEM is running our scanners, updates etc. For each logged in user, there is a separate host process, which shows user interface (tray icon, launch pad, notifications etc).

The severity of the problem depends on which one crashed here, but naturally none of our processes should crash.

(F-Secure R&D)

Superuser

OK, I was just going by my own experience of my tray icon disappearing, and this being described as a host process. Thanks for the correction, and further info, Ville.
Supporter

Please tell me what F Secure Host Process is.  My system is shutting it down saying it is unnecessary.  Please help me to know if it is important toward watching for viruses.  If I don't need it I have nothing to worry about but I have no idea what it is.  What is F Secure Host Process?