exe files generated by my program seen as false positive

Hi.
Sorry for my english.
I'm posting here because I couldn't find a more suited thread. But if there is one maybe a moderator will move it there.

I am a Delphi programmer.
Among the programs that I made is this one: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/26932-2-small-utilities-for-Spoon-Studio
There you will find the program (ExeBuilder), sources and explanations about how it works.
Basically it takes a standard exe stored in resources, it changes it to load a exe file from the virtualized program made with Spoon Studio then adds icon(s) and informations from the original exe.
So it does the same thing as other programs like VMWare Thinapp.
The difference is that the exes made by VMWare Thinapp are not shown as infected.
Users who have some knowledge about computers will maybe understand that "Gen:Trojan.Heur.iK0@rWbCZJfO" means that F-Secure thinks that the file is maybe infected but is not sure.
But there are users who don't know this and think it's infected.

I do not think it's correct that these exes should be seen as infected (even if it's a "generic/heuristic").

Here you can downloaad a zip file with a modified exe that is seen infected + the original exe (before modification): https://rapidshare.com/files/2493244345/samples.zip
But, since you're also computer programmers, I think you'll understand fast what this program does (from its sources).
Could you please set F-Secure not to "see" the exe files generated by my program as infected..?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Merry Christmas, Catalin

Comments

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Upload them to analysis.f-secure.com

They take part of malware research

• Thank you for the suggestion, I will do this.

But the problem is that I can't submit a comment/description with the file so they will not know that the problem appears with all exe files generated  by my program, not just the one that is submitted.

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Uh, what? I didn't completely understood.

you cant submit comment with one file and tell them you got a problem because of software with what you make them?

you cant because there is no way to add comment/description(this will be enabled if you sign up/in there) or you just wont do it?

Tell them everything and they will investigate it

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info